constant static

kn0x47

Reaction score
if the wires were loose he'd either have sound or no sound.

wouldn't static most likely mean interference (from another wire) or an issue with the head unit?

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
ha ha ha, i think ricer shld get the most hated award,

and cld b the reciever its self ,
as stated before check for static a 0

+1 -ryan s

Chris Vu

Reaction score
My bet is on ground wires tho :) I think static might still have a chance to show up at 0 volume with a misplaced ground ..

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
how does one "misplace" a wire in a harness?

also, OP, does the static disappear for a second when you switch between CD, radio, etc?

Chris Vu

Reaction score
how does one "misplace" a wire in a harness?

also, OP, does the static disappear for a second when you switch between CD, radio, etc?

By grounding to somewhere other than a solid ground not knowing any better .. It's happened .. not to me tho :peek:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
what i'm getting at is: what percentage of people don't simply "hook black to black" and call it done?

regardless, finding if the OEM ground has come loose is dead simple with a multimeter.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
what i'm getting at is: what percentage of people don't simply "hook black to black" and call it done?

regardless, finding if the OEM ground has come loose is dead simple with a multimeter.

Because many people don't think sometimes. I'm guilty of that, I'm sure everyone is :D

Tjohn15

Reaction score
when the volume is at 0 there is no sound at all. i also discovered tonight that the whole unit occasionally turns itself off and then back on as i'm driving. I'm planning on fixing this issue tomorrow so i'll be sure to let ya'll know how it goes

Back