coolant brand.

XxESKIMOxX

Reaction score
i couldn't find anything on coolant brand for reviews on search. so sorry if this is re post.

is there any particular brand i should be looking for? Pennzoil? chevron? peak? or should i just stick with OEM honda. or are they all basically the same?

Last edited:

that1redacc0rd

Reaction score
i use peak as well. id recommend buying the striaght up coolant and not the 50/50 cuz i mean..the other half is just water from like a hose..and for the same price, you can get pure coolant, or something thats already been mixed..so you might as well buy the pure one, and pour in the other half of water yourself and save the rest for next time..compared to buying the 50/50 and practically using it up faster you know?

confusing..i know lol

DrOwZee

Reaction score
i use peak as well. id recommend buying the striaght up coolant and not the 50/50 cuz i mean..the other half is just water from like a hose..and for the same price, you can get pure coolant, or something thats already been mixed..so you might as well buy the pure one, and pour in the other half of water yourself and save the rest for next time..compared to buying the 50/50 and practically using it up faster you know?

confusing..i know lol

i got you.
1 pure coolant= 2 50/50 thus saving 50% for next time :]
its elementary my dear waltsoN!

come to think of it, i gotta get me some coolant now. haha

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I don't see why this thread is even here. We are talking about a few dollars here, if you got the extra funds. It's always better to just buy the Honda Coolant, it lasts longer.

that1redacc0rd

Reaction score
i got you.
1 pure coolant= 2 50/50 thus saving 50% for next time :]
its elementary my dear waltsoN!

come to think of it, i gotta get me some coolant now. haha

hahah i was never good with math regardless of what grade level

but thank you for making a simplified answer to my complicated word problem haha

finch13

Reaction score
Correct, Honda fluid lasts longer and has some other chemicals in it as well.

I would buy premixed stuff, regardless of savings. A large company mixing chemicals > you. Plus, they use filter, deionized, distilled water to mix the ethylene glycol with, much better than what you can get your hands on at the store.

Back