Cost to Paint?

Go!

Reaction score
2001 Accord sedan

Anyone have a good $$ I should pay up?

I live in the midwest (Kentucky) if that factors any pricing.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Keeping it SSM, or painting it a different colour?

A top job with a life time warranty should run you about $2600 or so, unless you have connections.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Depends. Do you want a quality paint job that will last, or a something that will look decent for a short while and then deteriorate? The former will cost you a couple/few grand, the latter could cost as little as $500 (Maaco). Either way, doing your own prep work can save you a lot of money, even though it takes a lot of time.

dharding413

Keep it simple.
Reaction score
If you have any personal connections, use them. My uncle is friends with a guy who has a body shop so I got a pretty high quality paint job for $1500 last summer. :deal:

Go!

Reaction score
Depends. Do you want a quality paint job that will last, or a something that will look decent for a short while and then deteriorate? The former will cost you a couple/few grand, the latter could cost as little as $500 (Maaco). Either way, doing your own prep work can save you a lot of money, even though it takes a lot of time.

Define short while & deteriorate?
5? Years?

& for color probably silver, or black, or white.

Don't wanna pay insurance to have it limegreen or somethin like that

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
As I live in the same area as you, I got mine done by Unique Auto Body for $1500. Right outside of Louisville. Although they did raise their prices after they finished my car, just because I had a bunch of dents. But I had connections as well, for the package I chose, they were not supposed to take all the dents or do other things.

It feels good bringing a car back to it's original glory, and then taking it past there with the new paint

If you've got the money for it, let me know: I'll see if I get my connections for you as well

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Define short while & deteriorate?
5? Years?

& for color probably silver, or black, or white.

Don't wanna pay insurance to have it limegreen or somethin like that

By 'short while' I mean a few years, depending on climate conditions where you live this ranges from 1-3 years. At least from what I've seen. And by 'deteriorate' I mean peeling or blemishing clearcoat, and/or fading or chipping paint.

If you do go cheaper with paint, it's important to at least get a good cleacoat. That way while the finish may look just okay, at least it will be protected and look its best.

It's easier to repaint a car the same color as it was, because when doing a new color and to do a good job, you have to spray door jambs, paint both sides of a trunk lid, and get in more nooks and crannies etc.

Many people have repainted their cars, search up some of the threads here. There is some good info.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I would expect to pay around $1500-3000 on the low end for a paint job as good as factory on the low end. Have people done it for cheaper, sure, but if you just go and get quotes without a hook up, that's what I would expect to pay.

As for what RedRyder is talking about. More than a few friends have had paint jobs at Macco or similar stores. Some looked pretty decent, some sucked. But, all faded badly over a few years. My Gramma probably had the best I have seen in terms of quality out of one of those shops. Her nice silver car was just about flat silver after 4-5 years though. Not saying that will happen in every occasion but the actual paint is more important than many think. You will see that most of the $500 paint jobs go up to about $1500 if you want them to use OEM paint.

Back