Creaking/Cracking sound from all 4 corners

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
My sister has an 01 accord sedan and every time I drive it, I hear this noise that comes from the corners of the car. The sound usually happens when I go over bumps or sometimes when I make a turn. Anyone have a clue what this can be? Shocks maybe?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Jack it up and inspect the suspension, endlinks, bushings, etc. When the car is parked push down on each corner and see if you hear it. I'd start with that.

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
Ill jack up the car this weekend and check all 4 corners. I was able to check the front driver side yesterday really quick before it started raining over here and everything looked normal. I also pushed on all 4 corners but only heard the sound very faintly on the rear passenger one time. Ill have to wait and check more thoroughly this weekend. Thanks redryder.

Varnell

Reaction score
Jack it up and inspect the suspension, endlinks, bushings, etc. When the car is parked push down on each corner and see if you hear it. I'd start with that.

I had this issue with my sedan; only happened when it was cold. It drove me crazy!

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
Yeah Varnell...that sound always happens but you can REALLY hear it when it is cold like last night when I drove it.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
You need to look at EVERYTHING!

The suspension of our car is insanely durable. Any failure is at chance.

Back