Cruise Control Problems

.::Basil::.

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2000 Honda accord sedan...since i bought the car back in 2004 the cruise control hasnt been working. I didnt realize this for quite a while cuz i rarely use it. The light in the switch comes on and the light on the gauge cluster comes on when I hit the "Set" switch. However, the car does not hold speed. Let me know if you guys know what could be the problem.

Basil.

jccg5

Reaction score
well in that case..maybe u press the "SET" button to soon..for example...if uwant it hold at 45mph.gas it up to 50 then eleast the petal and then press SET at 47mph....this has happen to me before !!

6THGEN_AI4

Cruise control works after you pass the 25 mph, no matter the conditions. If you set it before for example @ 50 mph and you are doing 20 mph and press it, its not gonna work.

jccg5

Reaction score
6THGEN_AI4 said:
Cruise control works after you pass the 25 mph, no matter the conditions. If you set it before for example @ 50 mph and you are doing 20 mph and press it, its not gonna work.

true that...you need to pass 25mph......just try to do the 50MPH EXAMPLE and see if is work..

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
see if the cable is hooked up to the throttle body...? lol it could be disconnected or broken.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Mine doesn't work either.........because I forgot to hook it up after I put my throttle rotor on:rofl:

That's was well over 10 months ago, still havent fixed it.

.::Basil::.

Reaction score
how do i check to see if the cable is attached to the throttle body? Where is the throttle body haha? I have the haynes manual so maybe ill check in there.

Ø1accord

Reaction score
Does the cruise control have it's own fuse? My CC just dosen't work at all, and it did a few weeks ago. Should I just take it in the shop? It's still under warranty since I bought it "Certified Pre-Owned"...lol...

Back