Cubeman's 1998 Accord Sedan LX

Cubeman

Reaction score
Standards Mods nothing big yet (Not worried about the License plate, I'm a public figure anyway)

- CAI
- Aftermarket Header
- New Tranny (Original tranny failed around 75k)
- Sparkplugs
- New Headlights (I love em)

I want to go N/A as long as possible before I go turbo, If I'm satisfied with a new cam and etc then I won't turbo, Otherwise I'll have to turbo. My goal is a nice lope idle and a nice deep exhaust note, I understand the Bismoto cam can get me that lope idle and I'm going to order one hopefully next month. Now exhaust wise getting a 4cyl to sound good is hard. I heard 3 inch piping could help, If so anyone done it already or have some tips? As you can tell, I like a clean look literally. Don't like stickers or etc but I love a nice ride.

pTxrux.png

EO6cQ5.png

Dukebb23

Duke Blue Devils
Reaction score
Great start for your car. Good luck on your future modding.
I would suggest doing a full led conversion as well and won't cost you an arm and a leg to do.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
You don’t want 3” piping unless you’re FI. Just go with 2.25” and a good muffler. If necessary add resonators. Search the site a bit, there have been several people that achieved nice sound with the 4cyl. A while back someone went with custom piping and an S2000 muffler, I think it sounded good if I remember correctly.

Btw before you go turbo, I would recommend swapping to 5spd. Actually I would recommend swapping to 5spd, period…nothing else will bring as much of a noticeable performance gain. And fun.

Back