Cuttoff Switch Install

MikeyMike

Reaction score
NHRA drag regulations require a battery box and battery cut off switch if the battery is relocated from its Stock possition. Me having done the relocation to the trunk, had to install mine today because i plan on going to the track tomrrow and to avoid not being able to run. in case of a wreck and fuel spill, they can just run up the car and kill the power.. 20ft live wire and fuel = no goooooooodddd

Englishtown never really checks, but with my luck this will be the 1 time they check me...

Check this out tho, i had an extra tail light..

$80 Taylor Aluminum batt box from Summit Racing

$15 cutoff switch from ebay.

What is does it splits the ground wire for the battery. Pull the key out no more completed circuit.

I just pop out the tail light when i get there, slide this one in. put the switch through and im ready to go.

001-28.jpg

002-18.jpg

003-16.jpg

004-14.jpg

005-13.jpg

Last edited:

henreeezy xp

Reaction score
wow. that's a very interesting spot to put that key. hahaha i like the way you think, man. looks gooood!

Fundillo

Reaction score
thats pretty dope!
no amount of launch force is going to make that pop out?

ccordex00

Reaction score
does this work as a security device too?
I'm working in a not so safety LA area so i might do this inside the car in a hidden place..can you give me any advice?

Fundillo

Reaction score
^ yea if theres no way for the battery to make a circuit then the car cant start. my buddy has one in his bug. just hide it and your fine, because im sure its not hard to find a key that fits as the ones ive seen arent specific.

ccordex00

Reaction score
MAYBE INSIDE THE GLOVEBOX?
cause you can get the door open with the key without any power
any ideas?
The reason why this seems a good mod for me is because last week they jacked 2 cars from the parking lot so I don't wanna walk from LA to Costa Mesa one of these days

MikeyMike

Reaction score
does this work as a security device too?
I'm working in a not so safety LA area so i might do this inside the car in a hidden place..can you give me any advice?

it deff works for security, once you pull the key and turn the car off theres is absolutly no power.. bad part is if you have to do your clock again and if you wait long enough you may have to re-do your radio stations ect.. also will clear any CEL you have ;) haha

Mr. HuMpY

Reaction score
1st question - do you still have the brake light in it when you drive around?

2nd question - why kill the whole car when you can just kill the fuel pump thingy?

but overall that **** look tight :jealousbow::jealousbow::jealousbow:

Back