Cv axle auto and manual trans the same? 98 accord

oem

Reaction score
Hello all, I just found out i need a cv front driver side axle when i lifted the car to change the rack and pinion more money to spend , so i was wondering if the auto and manual transmission axles will work on my manual 4 dr. On ebay they have auto cv axles for sale for 40$

And oh yea i recommend buying new rack and pinions or rebuilt with life time warrenty bought one used for 70$ bucks off ebay in " good working condition grade A horse ###$ got scammed !! has a hole in the metal circle ring close to where the steering hose connects. Beware

Last edited:

Brad2274

Reaction score
not sure, i have a feeling they are the same though, but i suggest changing both axles at the same time, ive seen several times where one is changed and the other goes out soon after

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
Re: blown CV axle replaced and sqeeks now
Sounds like you have mice trapped inside the cv boot some cheese make um shut up bummppppppppppp 4 you

ill leave it at that

oem

Reaction score
Re: blown CV axle replaced and sqeeks now
Sounds like you have mice trapped inside the cv boot some cheese make um shut up bummppppppppppp 4 you

ill leave it at that

Lol sorry i just had to say it couldnt resist thanks for replyss

i think they are the same i know civics and integras you can do it , but i need to know for sure before i buy it thanks

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
CV Axles are m/t and a/t specific. They are also abs and non-abs specific as well. You can however use abs axles on non-abs equipped vehicles and vice versa. The only difference is the abs ring that goes at the end of the axle (hub side) which is what the abs sensor reads.

oem

Reaction score
Ok thanks im going to buy the abs manual axle off ebay now ill post if it doesnt work

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
CV Axles are m/t and a/t specific. They are also abs and non-abs specific as well. You can however use abs axles on non-abs equipped vehicles and vice versa. The only difference is the abs ring that goes at the end of the axle (hub side) which is what the abs sensor reads.

Interesting. V6 axles are interchangeable between auto/MT.

Back