Dash Paint/Touch up?

AngusTEx

Reaction score
Hey yall. I F'ed up my dash. :explode:

Long story short, I was wiping gunk off my dash with a goo-off spray, but at the last moment...I realized there was alcohol in it. ****. I couldn't tell it was f'ed up until it dried. So the finish kinda wore off. The pics speak for themselves:

pict0005ce2.jpg

pict0004yl7.jpg

Is there OEM dash paint (I haven't heard of any either)? Any other way I can touch this up? :sad:

Last edited:

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Re: Dash Paint?

There is no OEM Dash paint. HOWEVER this seems to be as good a reason as any to repaint your dash the color of your choice..............

AngusTEx

Reaction score

Yeah that's the thing. I like the original charcoal color and want to keep her as "oem" looking as I can. If I WERE to repaint it, I'd find something as close to oem charcoal as possible.

A) I was hoping for something to touch it up since it's only like a 2" x 1.5" spot?
B) If A fails, anyone know of an oem-like interior charcoal spray or whatever?

Lxcord

Banned
Reaction score

duplicolor makes an interior paint that has a grey shade to it. They also have some charcol shades.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score

I would suggest you do the whole dash and not just that spot, it wont look right.

AngusTEx

Reaction score

Thanks Lxcord I forgot about Duplicolor. I'll try their Vinyl & Fabric Coating Spray "Charcoal Gray OEM Style Color."

Yeah JM, I have a feeling that's what I'll be doing. First I'll just try spraying the spot, and if I get lucky and it matches by 90% then great. If not then I'll spray the whole top dash. It just sucks since the rest of the dash still looks great with no fades, and it'll be a bitch covering up the vents, windshield, tweeters, and the mid/lower dash to paint it all.

Thanks yall. I'll let you know how it turns out.

The Wicked One

Reaction score

another route, which wouldn't really solve the problem but just hide it, is to buy a dash cover. I bought one that matches the carpeting (light brown) and i think it looks pretty nice. I only paid like 30 dollars for it so its not terribly expensive either.

AngusTEx

Reaction score

^ Thanks. You have pics of your dash? I searched all your posts but turns out you've only posted exterior only. :D

I'm getting the Duplicolor this week but won't be around to it til a couple more weeks. Til then, thanks and I'll be posting the before & afters.

Accordingly

Reaction score

Sometimes ArmorAll will cover that kind of stuff up... I f'ed up the dash in my 94 accord and the ArmorAll blended it in. I'd give that a shot since its much easier than painting. Just a suggestion :thumbup:

Back