DBO867's 1998 Accord LX 5spd

DBO867

Reaction score
Nice bro it's coming along.... keep up the good work still watching for finished product

Thanks bro, ill make sure to keep ya updated

Yeah man take your time don't rush it. I thought you had the TLS wheels? Or was that someone else haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mustve been someone else but i actually am looking into picking up some 02 TL-S wheels for my car. Need to return these civic wheels back to my friend, think i had for way too long haha

phi1542

Reaction score
Thanks bro, ill make sure to keep ya updated

Mustve been someone else but i actually am looking into picking up some 02 TL-S wheels for my car. Need to return these civic wheels back to my friend, think i had for way too long haha

Oh my bad haha the 3rd gen gunmetal TLS waffles would look sick too especially on your pearl white.

DBO867

Reaction score
Oh my bad haha the 3rd gen gunmetal TLS waffles would look sick too especially on your pearl white.

No worries bro haha. The waffles are nice but I really want the simple clean look for now, atleast till i save up for the mrr wheels i truly want

DBO867

Reaction score
Got a few more things wrapped, less than planned but its okay. Was able to sand down and prep all the doors, quarter panels, trunk, and side skirts. Took about 3-4 hours for sanding and goin over any imperfections. Then prolly another 2 hours wrapping the roof and front lip.

20170331_225159.jpg

Never realized how many dents my roof had till i wrapped it. Will be popping those out whenever i decide to redo my headliner.

DBO867

Reaction score
just wanted to say, the trunk is a pita to wrap by yourself. if it wasnt for my friends being in the clouds and coming up with ideas, i probably wouldve been stuck on it all night LOL

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
just wanted to say, the trunk is a pita to wrap by yourself. if it wasnt for my friends being in the clouds and coming up with ideas, i probably wouldve been stuck on it all night LOL
Oh boy lol, I start wrapping this week. What was difficult about wrapping the trunk? Did you do it in one piece or 2? I figured everything above the taillights I was going to use one piece, and then everything below would be another piece.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DBO867

Reaction score
Oh boy lol, I start wrapping this week. What was difficult about wrapping the trunk? Did you do it in one piece or 2? I figured everything above the taillights I was going to use one piece, and then everything below would be another piece.

yea thats what i did. the difficult part was trying to lay it down from top of trunk to bottom but everything kept scrunching up toward the middle where the emblem was. i ended up ripping a good inch into the vinyl so i trashed about 3-4ft of wrap right there. just a tip, make sure you have someone to help you. start off by stretching it and laying it flat across the curve part of the trunk. get it to look like glass. then lift one side up and heat it, stretch and lay, repeat to the other side. youre gonna have to do this a good amount of times before its fully wrapped around the curve. you can pull down on the center below the emblem area to get rid of the wrinkles it causes there too. after you lay that down. work on one end of the top trunk, heat it up and have a friend lay it down with a felt tip squeegee while youre holding it. not so sure if you know what im trying to say, but thats how i pretty much did mines. and always post heat after every wrap to make sure it holding good, you dont want to find your wrap lifting up after sittin in the hot sun all day

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
yea thats what i did. the difficult part was trying to lay it down from top of trunk to bottom but everything kept scrunching up toward the middle where the emblem was. i ended up ripping a good inch into the vinyl so i trashed about 3-4ft of wrap right there. just a tip, make sure you have someone to help you. start off by stretching it and laying it flat across the curve part of the trunk. get it to look like glass. then lift one side up and heat it, stretch and lay, repeat to the other side. youre gonna have to do this a good amount of times before its fully wrapped around the curve. you can pull down on the center below the emblem area to get rid of the wrinkles it causes there too. after you lay that down. work on one end of the top trunk, heat it up and have a friend lay it down with a felt tip squeegee while youre holding it. not so sure if you know what im trying to say, but thats how i pretty much did mines. and always post heat after every wrap to make sure it holding good, you dont want to find your wrap lifting up after sittin in the hot sun all day
Gotcha, makes sense. I'm assuming you left the taillights on when wrapping that part then? I'm taking mine out so I can hopefully make things a bit easier

Back