DDM in Morimoto mini's?

finch13

Reaction score
not really, i didn't even know there were two different projectors so similar to each other. ok so i'll get the H1 mini's. so if i use my DDM tuning kit i would need to buy the H1 bulbs from them correct? not from morimoto?

You can get the bulbs from just about anywhere, I like the color of the 6000K H1's from Morimoto/Retrofit source. All the bulbs have universal connectors pretty much.

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
You can get the bulbs from just about anywhere, I like the color of the 6000K H1's from Morimoto/Retrofit source. All the bulbs have universal connectors pretty much.

by the way is this what you're talking about? cause that's the only H1 bulbs they have and that's money right there.
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=235

EDIT: never mind, they give me the option to add 25 bucks to get the 6000k H1 bulbs. it's late.

Last edited:

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
you can get h1 bulbs for your ddm kit off ddm's site for $12.50.

yes i know. im about to just do that and sell my DDM kit for like 40 bucks. it was 40 but i paid like 13 shipping from them. they raped me on the shipping but still 53 dollars for HID is good. lol.:wub:

blackcord

Reaction score
not really, i didn't even know there were two different projectors so similar to each other. ok so i'll get the H1 mini's. so if i use my DDM tuning kit i would need to buy the H1 bulbs from them correct? not from morimoto?

Good choice with the H1 Mini. It will definitely be an easier job (i.e. no cutting). With the Mini D2S, you will need to widen the OEM bulb hole at the back for sure, but from the specs on TRS's site, it looks as though it will fit (length wise). The Mini D2S is slightly taller and wider as well, so there MAY be fitment issues height wise.

Dimensions (Mini H1)
Max Depth:136mm (5.35" inches)
Max Height:70mm (2.75 inches)
Max Width: 80mm (3.14 inches)
Lens Diameter: 2.5 inches

Dimensions (Mini D2S)
Max Depth:125mm (5.00" inches)
Max Height: 80mm (3.14 inches)
Max Width: 92mm (3.62 inches)
Lens Diameter: 2.5 inches

But still, It would be interesting if someone tried this.

Last edited:

AKlass

Reaction score
I talked to matt about this awhile ago. The DDM Ballast will work. But DDM's H1 bulb is a tight fit in the projectors. I say just get the Morimoto H1 bulb for 25 bucks and use that with the H1 projectors as Matt says that's the easiest to retrofit without cutting and their bulbs are compatible with DDM kits.

jwong512

Reaction score
I have the retrofit with the Morimoto bulbs. I say just get the Morimoto bulbs that are $25 cause it costs about $5-$10 to get it shipped at DDM where you can just get free shipping from TRS and get the bulb for $25. There might be a $5 difference at the end but it saves you the hassle of threading the base of your bulb so it fits.

hondahana

Reaction score
I farmed out to ebay and got some h1 bulbs since I had ballast and the ebay bulbs were 13 bucks shipped with a lifetime warranty. 4500k ftw!! Lol still get the flickr effect and everything. Need pix pm me

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
I farmed out to ebay and got some h1 bulbs since I had ballast and the ebay bulbs were 13 bucks shipped with a lifetime warranty. 4500k ftw!! Lol still get the flickr effect and everything. Need pix pm me

haha little late to the party but thanks for the info.

Back