Derek's 2002 Coupe EX (5MT)

phi1542

Reaction score
Re: phi1542's 02 Coupe 5-Speed

I wouldn't think the engagement point should have changed. But I think you can adjust it with the nut on the clutch position sensor.

How did changing out the master cylinder go? I don't know where it is on an i4 but on the V6 it's a PITA to get to.
I had someone do it because yeah it looked really hard to get to. Slave is easy since it's right there but master looked like another story that I didn't want to read lol

So the nut with the red mark is what I adjusted to see if it would work but no matter how much I went up or down it didn't change the engaging point. I literally have to lift my leg almost all the way up and my leg hits the steering wheel. It's so weird driving the car I feel like my learning how to drive stick all over again lmao Not sure what's the issue. Clutch pedal is stiff as hell too. I also tried to loosen the nut that attatches to the cable behind the pedal going into the master cylinder but that didn't do anything

c5847d99adb941c50c4353f1e04d85e7.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

phi1542

Reaction score

New aluminum shifter mounts and bushing came in the mail today. Quality looks awesome! I wish I found these when I did my new shifter so the install would be a breeze. I'm praying I don't have to take the whole center console out just to get those mounts in....
2ad2e5fa4ac55eafab49a158c819b2a0.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

phi1542

Reaction score
phi1542's 02 Coupe 5-Speed

Decided to pick up a TL-S strut tower brace :) sadly I broke off a stud during install..... damn it.... tighten too much... I was just checking if it was tight then snap :( but it fits with my Megan racing strut bar haha

0b5385351422c0caf751403d03552240.jpg

a8166b24c2fbfbe83d0d515bd20ad5b8.jpg

Last edited:

604ACCORD

Reaction score

Fits nicely... I like the other brace you have it looks good. I broke a stud on my old tl bar it was the ones that go under the wipers. Clean and paint that damn valve cover!!!!

phi1542

Reaction score

Fits nicely... I like the other brace you have it looks good. I broke a stud on my old tl bar it was the ones that go under the wipers. Clean and paint that damn valve cover!!!!

Thanks! Yeah that's the one I broke too. I also broke the one on my original accord brace bar... they're hella fragile..... and LOL I should. It's hella ugly haha but I'm just waiting to swap the motor :) I still don't know what to do about though. It's illegal to swap the H into my 02 and it's illegal to turbo. I hate the f23 it's hella slow man. Makes me miss the V6 accord.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

604ACCORD

Reaction score

Slam some NOS in there you can just take out the bottle for inspections lol

604ACCORD

Reaction score

I know it don't but the purge kit with leds is pretty kick ***... Taking out turbo is tons of work not to mention you will be tuned for turbo with bigger injectors so it won't run properly you would have to detune it. To much work if you ask me

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score

BTW the adjustment point is done with the shaft of the clutch master cylinder itself and not the peddle stop that is used as a signal switch to the starter to engage upon start up.

phi1542

Reaction score

I know it don't but the purge kit with leds is pretty kick ***... Taking out turbo is tons of work not to mention you will be tuned for turbo with bigger injectors so it won't run properly you would have to detune it. To much work if you ask me

Yeah that would be dope too haha and oh damn yeah thats way too much. Even though its once every two years its still not even worth it. My best bet is to just move to a different state but not really an option for me.

BTW the adjustment point is done with the shaft of the clutch master cylinder itself and not the peddle stop that is used as a signal switch to the starter to engage upon start up.

Thanks haha yeah I figured that out but for some reason the shaft is jammed or something. It doesnt spin at all. I should be able to adjust it with my fingers like the youtube videos say but theres no way. I can barely do it with vice grips. and yes I loosened the bolt holding the shaft in place first. Ever since I got my master and slave replaced it has been acting weird. Start up in the morning the engagement point is to the ground and the pedal is spongy. 30 minutes of driving then it then the engagement point is too high and the pedal gets stiff. I've bled the slave but it doesn't do anything.

Back