DIY: Engine Paint

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
I've gotten a lot of pms about how I painted my engine bay so I will show you.

I went to the junkyard and bought the plastic prices that cover a j30. I cleaned them with regular hand soap. Here's how they look all clean in my engine. (My Sig shows my cold air intake and my purple engine cover, I have my short ram in there right now)
IMAG0281.jpg

This is what you will need.
1. Willbond degreaser
2. Your engine cover
3. Rubber gloves
4. Rags
5. High heat engine paint
Optional: high heat primer, high heat clear coat.
IMAG0284.jpg

IMAG0285.jpg

You need rubber gloves because willbond is very toxic! Also I use willbond because there is no sanding involved and its a much easier route of doing this.

Ok now put your rubber gloves on and apply the willbond as if you were polishing your car. Do 3 coats of it just to make sure you get those 10+ years of grease out. I did this out in my driveway because it can get get somewhat messy.
IMAG0287.jpg

IMAG0289.jpg

Once that is done you will have to let it sit for 12-24 hours. I put mine in my garage. And I will have to finish it tomorrow.
IMAG0288.jpg

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

J30MAN

Reaction score
I wanna do this but really don't know what color to do. Maybe Signet Silver Metallic!

What color you plan on doing?

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
I wanna do this but really don't know what color to do. Maybe Signet Silver Metallic!

What color you plan on doing?
Haha I already did purple I might do stripes or spray it chrome. I'm not sure. I have a bunch of colors so it depends on how bored I am tomorrow

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

J30MAN

Reaction score
Do purple again but clear it this time, that'd look real nice IMO.

eddrockstar7

Reaction score

This is an awesome DIY thread! Im gonna try it out but ima paint my paint calipers yellow like the lambo from the dark knight just to see how it come out them paint the engine to match it! Will post pix soon

Back