DIY Headlight Haze Removal

Mijisu

Reaction score
Umm... the toothpaste with fluoride really works. One of my cousins used it before. But not with a toothbrush... ^_^

99F23VTech

Reaction score
CIMG0868.jpg

This is the stuff i use, and i haven't done it with a powerball, but this is almost the same as the stuff the OP used on this DIY... This can be found at Walmart!

dharding413

Keep it simple.
Reaction score
i used some "blue magic" headlight haze remover with the powerball and it did a decent job but its still not as clear as id like it to be. I think i'm gonna order some of the 3m polish because ive heard lots of people say it works great

Cpyro

Reaction score
CIMG0868.jpg

This is the stuff i use, and i haven't done it with a powerball, but this is almost the same as the stuff the OP used on this DIY... This can be found at Walmart!

Well i was buying some the product above, and i got it gonna try it today, i saw turtle wax has a Headlight haze removing kit, comes with cleaning solution and pads with the sandpaper on it. might be kool says 5mins a headlight.

kevinbo03

Rollin' OEM style
Reaction score
I have used the Meguiar's PlastX with good results. However, The coating in my headlights was coming off, and the PlastX would not do it. I wetsanded from 600 to 2k, then had a friend polish them with some plastic polishing compound, and finally top it off with a power buff with plastX. They could not be any clearer then they are now.

Now I just to do a retrofit so there is something to look at! :naughtyrun:

Cpyro

Reaction score
hehe nice, so like the oem coating was comming off?

kevinbo03

Rollin' OEM style
Reaction score
Yeah, but only on the passengers side! (Why to headlights always deteriorate in a fashion completely different from their counterpart?)

I guess you could call it a clear coat, not sure what it is exactly.

If anyone else has wetsanded their lamps, I would highly recommend waxing them when you wax your car. It can't beat the OEM coat, but it's better then nothing. My buddy didn't wax his, 2 years after wetsanding and no wax they were all faded (Not a honda). Nothing the PlastX cant fix, but just a PITA.

Johnson

Reaction score
Yeah, but only on the passengers side! (Why to headlights always deteriorate in a fashion completely different from their counterpart?)

I guess you could call it a clear coat, not sure what it is exactly.

If anyone else has wetsanded their lamps, I would highly recommend waxing them when you wax your car. It can't beat the OEM coat, but it's better then nothing. My buddy didn't wax his, 2 years after wetsanding and no wax they were all faded (Not a honda). Nothing the PlastX cant fix, but just a PITA.

Same.. my passenger side looked badly hazed while the driver side was new!

Back