DIY LED clock light (w/ pics)

Badook

Reaction score
Been trying to follow this, just to clarify....is this mod really just as simple as soldering a 470ohm resistor to an LED positive to positive and negative to negative? This is the second time my clock light has gone out in 5 months, and now the HVAC LCD display is out too. Don't want to replace this again in 2 months. This just seems almost TOO simple. LOL

What size LED is best with the 470ohm resistor? I have a 10 pack of green 3mm leds, do I need bigger LED's? Just want to keep the stock green color.

I used a 3mm surface mount led. Using that and the resistor and diode all surface mount so super small the thing was the size of a pencil eraser tip. "use your factory light bulb plug". it comes out really easy, make sure your led is at a 90 deg angle facing the clock. no hot spot almost to bright and it took me about 15 min from start to finish. There is no reason you need to be soldering onto your clock board what so ever

dorkiedoode

Reaction score
Been trying to follow this, just to clarify....is this mod really just as simple as soldering a 470ohm resistor to an LED positive to positive and negative to negative? This is the second time my clock light has gone out in 5 months, and now the HVAC LCD display is out too. Don't want to replace this again in 2 months. This just seems almost TOO simple. LOL

What size LED is best with the 470ohm resistor? I have a 10 pack of green 3mm leds, do I need bigger LED's? Just want to keep the stock green color.

i have a 5mm in my clock and HVAC. Oh and yes it is that simple.

CG6

Reaction score
IMG00057.jpg

Vlad02coupe

Reaction score
for real the clocks are supposed to light up ???? :thinking: mine is an 02 i got it in 05 and never seen that thing light up i thought honda just slacked on the clock lol

CG6

Reaction score
for real the clocks are supposed to light up ???? :thinking: mine is an 02 i got it in 05 and never seen that thing light up i thought honda just slacked on the clock lol

lol yea they are soppose to ligth up... i've found out its a normal thing for these clock ligths to go out every so often so i ended up doing the LED on it :coffee:

Back