DIY - Morimoto Mini H1 projectors Retrofit

AKlass

Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing this, but do you know where to get replacement lights? TRS only seems to sell d2s bulbs

98acclude

Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing this, but do you know where to get replacement lights? TRS only seems to sell d2s bulbs

Im shure they they would sell you replacements... you'd probably have to contact them... because I know they have a "parts bin" catagory so you can get all sorts of pieces for your retro... Im shure they'd help you out though...

jwong512

Reaction score

When ordering the projectors, you are given the option of ordering their Morimoto H1 bulbs. I would highly recommend getting it from them as it's only $25 and they are a perfect fit. With DDM Tuning, you would have to pay around $15 for 2 bulbs and $10 shipping and you would have to thread the base a bit in order to fit in the projector housing. Also, you guys should contact Matt at TRS. Sometimes he gives deals for purchasing many things such as projectors, shrouds, and bulbs together. I got my whole retro excluding the ballasts for $160 shipped.

bovodo

Reaction score
very nice job!

but wtf happened to your coupe bumper and wheels?!?!?

dont tell me you took them off!

AKlass

Reaction score
When ordering the projectors, you are given the option of ordering their Morimoto H1 bulbs. I would highly recommend getting it from them as it's only $25 and they are a perfect fit. With DDM Tuning, you would have to pay around $15 for 2 bulbs and $10 shipping and you would have to thread the base a bit in order to fit in the projector housing. Also, you guys should contact Matt at TRS. Sometimes he gives deals for purchasing many things such as projectors, shrouds, and bulbs together. I got my whole retro excluding the ballasts for $160 shipped.

I was thinking of getting the stage 3 kit for $275 but wasn't sure where to get replacement h1 bulbs

Last edited:

jwong512

Reaction score
I was thinking of getting the stage 3 kit for $275 but wasn't sure where to get replacement h1 bulbs

Yeah, the Raptor or DDM ballasts work perfectly fine with the H1 bulbs. They're not the best HID kits out there but they get the job done. I mean the Morimoto ones are probably great quality and if you had the cash, then sure by all means go for it.

av6_sm1ke

Reaction score
AKlass, pick up the Stage 3 kit, you can always order replacement Morimoto H1 bulbs directly from Matt at theretrofitsource.

Juicebox, I have a few pics showing how much of the trim (part you blackhouse) I had to cut. Let me know if you want to add them to your DIY.

ALSO, I should mention this for future buyers. If you opt for the free mini-gatling shrouds that come with the projectors when you order from trs.com, the shroud will either hit or be very very close to the headlight lens. This is NOT a problem. The only problem is that you can't use CCFL rings for halos. I thought I could get them to fit, but there's just not enough room. I ended up breaking mine :( lol

Back