DIY- RSX Steering Wheel Install

305S0L

Reaction score
This is how i wired my wired cruise using a 2003 civic si wheel into a 1999 accord lx\

civic wheel >>> accord wheel
black/red >>> gray
black/org >>> blue
black/white >>> red

photo1-4.jpg

photo2-6.jpg

wheel is not in the best shape, but for $40 I had to have it

Cruise works 100% now? Id like to try this but want to make sure i can use my cc!

Reaction score
OP, where did you get the honda sticker badge???
and how's the fitment on the airbag itself?

i want to do this on my acura steering wheel

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
The link is in the second paragraph of the OP.

It sits nicely over the Acura badge. It kinda is raised around the edges, but not where you could even tell unless you were looking within 2 inches of it. Of course nothing is like the real deal, but this sticker's pretty nice.

Brad2274

Reaction score
think it's possible to make the dual work as a single in a 98-99 accord? im looking into it and how the dual works is by firing both charges simultaniously in severe accidents for quick deployment, and firing one charge, then the 2nd a split second later to fill the bag longer for more cushion. im thinking just wiring up one charge will at least make the bag deploy, would be better than nothing, just gotta get the airbag wiring diagrams

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
I would NOT mess with airbag wiring. There's a good chance that once you plug it in after doing the wiring it could go off or something. You can get an airbag from an AP1 S2000 if you need a single stage. Check into an EP3, I don't recall if they're single or two stage.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Yeah probably. But I don't know how easy that would be either.. I still wouldn't do it personally, but its a better idea than messing with the wiring.

Back