DIY - Steering Wheel Swap: S2000, RSX, EP3, Insight (with cruise control wiring!)

Discussion in 'DIY - Do It Yourself Forum' started by VancouverAccord, Jan 23, 2014.

1. VancouverAccord

VancouverAccord Well-Known Member

Re: DIY - Steering Wheel Swap: S2000, RSX, EP3 (with cruise control wiring!)

Awesome! Thanks for checking and the pics.:happy107: I'll add it to the list. Does anyone know the year range for the Euro-R?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  2. 4DoorsMoreHores

4DoorsMoreHores Member

Bumppp helpful thread

3. Zilla0617

Zilla0617 Member

Wassup
    Long time lurker, first time poster. I have a 98 accord v6 and according to the list I have stage one setup. Is it possible to install a dual stage steering wheel without the possibility of having the SRS light issue? Thanks in advance

4. kthung

kthung Well-Known Member

I don't think so, and I believe I read somewhere on this forum from a Honda tech that if the SRS light is on, the bag will not deploy at all, which is quite dangerous so I wouldn't recommend putting in a dual stage bag and just driving with the light on.

Some wheels that had two-stage bags will fit a single stage if you just swap them over. For example I put a TL-S wheel in my 99 Accord, and just reused my original single stage bag.

There's also a DIY here somewhere if you have both bags, you can transfer the explosive charge from a single stage bag so you are converting a dual stage into a single stage. Too risky for me though.

Easiest thing to do IMO is to just find a single stage wheel and stick with that.

5. Zilla0617

Zilla0617 Member

Thank you

6. VancouverAccord

Added another wheel! 1st gen insight has an identical airbag to AP1 S2K! But the grip isn't leather.:disgust:

7. blackhawksfan18

blackhawksfan18 Well-Known Member

Do you know if the 2001-2003 CL/TL steering wheel's cruise control is the same as our factory one? Looking to buy a 2003 CL wheel w/o radio or cruise controls and was wondering if they're the same.

8. VancouverAccord

Yep, exact same.

9. nine23

nine23 Well-Known Member

Perfect DIY just used it to install my RSX wheel :party52:

10. Accord914

Accord914 Well-Known Member

As stated above i have a 98 accord with a rsx steering wheel idk if its worth the hassle and loosing the airbag!!