Doms 1990 Mustang GT

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
Thanks Chris. if i have to do it again, i could probably do it in about 8 hours, maybe faster. now to figure out why its running at 230*

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
turns out it was a bad thermostat. i threw the stock one into a pot of boiling water and it didnt open. stock one was supposed to open at 195*. got a new mr. gasket 180* tstat and it popped almost immediately after going into the water. into the stang she went, and it was hovering around 200 at idle and 210 driving around at 30 with varying throttle. overall, i'm very happy with how its running at this point. the next and final thing i need to do is register and insure it, which cant happen until i have my friend send me a bill of sale, since i forgot to make one when i bought it. after that, this thread will probably be dead for a while, minus maybe a new foglight

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
Got the title this morning, went to JAG to get a residency waiver, to the dmv with my pay stub and jag form and title, in and out in 10 minutes. Put the battery from the accord (with no brakes) and drove to the car wash. Its fantastic

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
guess i never updated this thread :lawl:. well about a week after getting it legal, i snapped a rod or something in the engine. i changed the oil, but was up on ramps, so it didnt drain all the way. so i think i had too much oil in it, causing the crank to make the oil froth up and not properly lubricate. sold it for $900 a few days later. I still miss her. I'm out of the army now and am in a much better position both financially and emotionally haha. And now i'll have my parents garage if i need it, but i absolutely want another one. I bought the 1989 bronco in 2015, had it for a while, ****ed up some wiring, fixed that, then some different wiring got wrapped up around the drive shaft so i sold it for $300, losing $3,000 in the process. Now, i have $750 left to pay on that, and i'll get another personal loan and find a mustang that is in better shape, and that i can take my time with, and not deal with georgia heat every day. reading through this thread made me sad that i dont have it any more, so that needs to change ASAP

Back