Doms 2006 Honda Pilot EX-L

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
Well as some of you may know, I have been battling with deciding what the hell kind of car I wanted to buy, so much so its become a running joke in the shout thread for a couple years.

I have a good history with buying shit cars to replace my beaten, battered, abused, and neglected 2000 6GA coupe. First I bought a 1990 Ford Mustang GT that didn't run when I bought it back in June 2014. Then almost a year later, I bought a 1989 Ford Bronco that shut down on the way home after buying it.

I got both up and running after much trial and tribulation, only to be fucked over by either myself or an act of God. Mustang wasn't getting oil somewhere and something broke, and the Bronco had wrapped its rear wiring harness around the front drive shaft the first time I put it in 4WD.

The accord has taken everything I've thrown at it for the past 5.5 years between driving down the east coast to GA, packing 7-8 people in it to get to work in the morning, running it almost empty on oil on more than one occasion, losing the brakes on two separate occasions, and teaching almost 20 people how to drive a manual on it, it (almost) never skipped a beat. But with the Georgia registration being up in April, and the inability to pass NY emissions due to a lack of catalytic converter and exhaust leak at the header due to 2 broken studs on the block, its time to retire her and let her get the rest she deserves.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. on February 17th 2016, I went to a dealership after hours and test drove a 2006 Pilot. I bought it the next day. 119,000 miles, 1 owner, meticulously maintained at a dealership in Rochester, NY for its whole life, basically brand new inside and out save for a scratch on the hood. Loaded with tan leather heated seats, 3rd row seats, AWD, rear DVD player :)lawl:), auto climate, XM, basically everything but NAV. It is clean. It is quiet. It is reliable. It is HUGE. It is perfect. It is awesome. I am happy.

I only have a few pics now, will update when weather is fair and its actually cleaned properly instead of rushed at the self serve car wash.

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Sweet!! I was looking at buying one of those before I got my Odyssey. That ones in real nice condition and I love the color.. Any plans for it mod wise?

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
as of right now i just have a cone air filter which sounds really good. I bought a pioneer double din radio yesterday. sometime this week me and a friend are going to his uncles shop and cutting out the resonator for mostly siits and giggles :lawl:. Thats all for now. Maybe some new tailights in the future because i dont like the altezza look too much. Maybe black out the chrome bits. New speakers and eventually i'll throw in my old eclipse 10" subwoofer in, when i feel like it.

Later on down the road i'd like to install a readylift kit which lifts the fron 2" and rear 1", and some new wheels and tires, but my tires are almost brand new right now

SykVSyx

Reaction score
You got the one version of the Pilot with projectors.

Congrats on the purchase, this one should be much less of a story than those previous 'rides'. :lawl:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Last good looking Pilot imo. Great pickup, congrats man! Definitely a nice car to start with this time haha.

Guess for different tails you could either grab the 'all reds' from an older model, or tint yours red with lamin-x or something.

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
Thanks fellas :thumbup:
I don't know if I wanna go red tails, I wish I could blackhouse them and not have it look ricey. And I want blackhouse headlights, and black out any and all chrome, but not paint the stock wheels

BamaVTEC

Reaction score
Just a suggestion for the tails. VHT Niteshade red might be a cool idea, doing them all red... but then again I guess you could just buy the older model taillights instead. Blackhoused wouldn't be a bad look though. Congrats on the purchase!

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
thanks guys. yeah when i saw it in person even though it was night (i didnt see my car in the daylight til that saturday) i could tell how clean it was. I might get the 03-05 tails, not sure yet. thats a lot of red. I kind of want a black and red theme, but not to the point where its tacky. I kind of want to order some wheels with low offest for a better look, but we'll see

604ACCORD

Reaction score
I vht blacked my accord tails (aftermarket ones)and had my bro clear coat them they look much better.

Back