Door actuator

and_one

Reaction score
not too familiar with this area but i was told that it might be the solenoids in the doors to prevent the door locks not to work...only the rear driver side passenger door lock works when i use my keyless remote or even the door locks on both front doors...i hear the noise for the lock on the doors but they dont pop up...should i buy new door actuators??? ...if so how many??? any info is appreciated

cdubb77

Reaction score
^^ Each door has it's own actuator unfortunately. I need 3. :mad: Only my driver side one works. :rolleyes:

hybrid

Reaction score
My rear driver's side door lock has been working intermittently for the past year, so I think I lucked out in that it's fine, but just needs to be lubed. Tonight, after my DiffEq final, I'm going to try lubing up my door lock servo and whatever else I deem necessary after I take off the door panel. I'll report back after the operation's complete.

xluben

Reaction score
sorry to dig up and old thread, but i didn't think it was necesary to start a new one, because my issue is very similar.

my front passenger door lock actuator does not work consistently. sometimes it will work for weeks at a time and then not work 20 times in a row :(

if you try to lock/unlock a bunch of times in a row you can see it "trying" to go up (or down) but it won't make it all the way.

unfortunately i just ordered this set of actuators:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-WI...dZViewItemQQcategoryZ33706QQitemZ120036673177

now that i found this thread i realize i should have just tried lubing it first.

at least they weren't too expensive, so if i don't end up needing them i can give them to a friend or something.

but i was wondering if anyone had any luck with lubrication?

or if anyone had actually installed new actuators and had any tips?

xluben

Reaction score
does anyone know how to repair/replace one of these?

i just took off my door panel today, and i don't see any way to get the stock door lock popper out :confused:

i tried spraying some wd40 on it and it didn't seem to help at all. the thing coming out the top isn't any harder to push down than the other ones, so i think the solenoid must be worn out.

CHID0

Reaction score
Same thing with my coupe. I actually got a replacement from hondaautomotive and when i tried to put it in i couldn't figure out how to get the old one out......i think i had trouble getting to a screw.....i wonder how much a dealer would charge to swap it out

Back