door problem wtf

imaricer:)

Reaction score
yeah, try as hard as you can to fix it yourself then come on here and ask for help if you run into issues. :kenny:

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
I had this problem when I had my gauge cluster disconnected once. I think it's some sort of safety thing. As soon as my gauge cluster was all back together it worked fine

madaccord

Reaction score
i got the panel out, all the rods are good to go, but ima drill out the striker and plastic lock

blankkoop

Reaction score
this same thing happen to me recently when i changed the door lock actuator.. i didnt do it right and the door wouldnt open..luckily i hadnt put the panel back on so i could access inside... my problem was that the actuator(white ,kinda rectangle shaped ,about size of a medium soap bar) has a little arm on the upper right side of the casing that got jammed between a rod in there.. i took it back off and then replaced it correctly...maybe you could check out yours b4 u start drilling and such because there is no coming back once you start drilling and fukin the mechanism up...

the actuator has about 5 tiny screws that you have to pull before you can maneuver it out...the first 2 are for the cover that goes over it(antitheft device).the first time u take it out its hard but then its its easier second time around

while ur in there u can lock and un lock and push n pull the levers and inner workings of the latch assembly to try open the door...

good luck....what your up against is a giant pain in the ***..

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
Sarcasm......recognize it. :ugh:

Sounds like the locking mechanism may be loose and doesn't disengage from behind the panel.

May be a bit more of a challenge if you can't open the door from the inside either.

really? it really doesn't sound like sarcasm there...but whatever.

cl206

Reaction score
OP, if the door still doesn't open
did you try to using the key and turning it while trying to open the door at the same time? I have heard someone getting the door open with the key that way.

Good luck!

Back