Door unlocking and opening help.

maximus2k

Reaction score
Famous last words. :lawl:

Hehe. I changed out the actuator in my 06 civic years ago and it wasn't too bad. Hope I don't run into any more unexpected problems with this car. I've only had it for a 1 month and have been fixing a lot of little things that the previous owner did not maintain/fixed. Can't complain though, still a great car with decent mpg and regular unleaded is lighter on the wallet than super.

Did Honda ever release a recall for their paint/gloss problems? Almost every 6th gen accord I see have faded paint.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Not that I've heard. It was just a "special feature" only available with the 6thgen.

spiggons420

Reaction score
Door not opening from the outside is a broken outside handle. I just replaced mine (kinda ***** to get out).

The plastic part on the inside that moves when you pull up on the door handle broke on mine. Also if you have a coupe, make sure you get the right door handles. 2 door and 4 door outside handles are different.. I found out the hard way ahah..

Also, go to a junk yard.. I paid $5 for mine.

DizzyP

Reaction score
I have the same prob on rear door. It's been like that for awhile. Not a biggie unless it's raining since it causes delays getting the little one out in and out the car making me all wet. Any hoot, I tried to see if flipping the child lock switch and close the door would help. DONT DO THAT! I wasn't able to open the door with any handles. My easiest way to get it opened was a coat hanger from the inside to pop the child lock switch. Man, if it's only like $5 then I might have to get me some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zabe1

Reaction score
hey guys i know its an old post, but I took the panel off on a 98 sedan, and after installing the actuator, the actuator cover piece wont fit back on correctly, its like it dosn't even belong there... i have been messing with it for a long time. i dont know what im doing wrong...any help is appreciated.

Back