Doors stick shut =[

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
I have an issue with my Accord that if I don't open the doors a couple of days they stick shut, almost to the point where I feel as if I pull the handle harder to open the door, I'm gonna rip my handle off. The car's been doing this for years but I've just ignored it. Does it happen to any of you guys? What do you think I could do to eliminate the stickiness? My old car, a 97 Saturn never did this and it had way more miles.

LoveLee

Reaction score
lol i dont think the stores sticking shut has anything to do with how many miles are the car. this almost always happens to my passenger side door because i rarely have people in my car, and the door goes forever without being opened. i have even had some people tell me to unlock the door when it is unlocked. i would say its mostly due to the heat and how often you open and close the doors. i definitely dont think its anything to worry about unless u cant open the door at all.

finch13

Reaction score
Spray the weather stripping with silicon spray or personally I use Ardex Details. Lubes the seals so they don't stick.

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
you think WD-40 would work? I'm just saying my cars at 94k now and it's been doing it more than ever through the years

tnguyen600

Reaction score
my passenger door does that too...people opening the door swears its still locked, but me being already in the car, know that its unlocked.

but anyway, yea, i always wondered why it wouldn't open..then one day, people were getting out of the passenger door and they shut it. i was like wtf. close it tightly. so i go over and open it just to find that the seat belt was stuck in between the door and actual car. My theory is that after a couple of times or whatever, it shifts/bends the door due the door trying to be closed and seat belt getting in the way.

I duno how to fix it...maybe adjust the hinge or bar thing. But yea, its not the weather stripping or lub.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
mine does it, its not really that bad tho.

Spray the weather stripping with silicon spray or personally I use Ardex Details. Lubes the seals so they don't stick.

but yea, do this, thats that i did. i used honda silicon spray. works great.

i dont think wd-40 will work.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
tire shine should work...also stops the doors from freezing so much in the winter...

VO_DRUE08

Reaction score
both of my doors are doing that now. i gotta spray something on that black rubber piece on ur door. i whipped it when a wet towel before and tried it and it worked but it happened again.

Back