Driver side door stuck!

Laurence

Reaction score
Hi, so my driver side door refuses to open. My lock and unlock work and my passenger side door opens as well. No matter if I try opening from the inside or outside it doesn't open. I also would try taking my panel off but it doesn't seem possible without my door opening. Can you someone help me out thanks

schmiddr2

Reaction score
If you can't open the door with some kind of tool like a Slim Jim, I would call an automotive locksmith and ask them their opinion. Could always cut the door panel and buy a new/used one to replace it later.

The inner door components:

13s8201_b5310.png

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...gry3=2DR+EX&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=DOOR+LOCK

And I have the service manual pdfs for the door if you want them.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
You can, with enough force and a proper panel popper, take the top part of the door panel off. Like force it up until it comes off the rail it rests on.

I had to do that on a VW when I put a panel back on and I guess somehow broke a piece inside of it. I did fix it by the way haha no other clips broke or anything

Brad2274

Reaction score
coupe or sedan? i know you can remove the handle pretty easily with the coupe, then check if that metal arm/rod is connected, couldve came loose from handle clip

Ghost Ryder

Reaction score
I would have to agree with Brad2274. Taking the inside handle off is the practical thing to do if you want to check internals without damaging the panel. Once the handle is off, you may be able to pull on the rod that goes to the latch to release its hold. Dunno for shure. Hope it works out for you.

AZmike

Reaction score

Laurence

Reaction score

Thank you, let me know what you end up doing because I still haven't fixed mine. I've been doing some research too, and I'm not trying to take it in somewhere and spend lots of money.

AZmike

Reaction score
I got the panel off, verified the latch is at fault, and ordered the new parts. I haven't opened the door yet though.

Back