DRL relay gone?

watut

Reaction score
Hey I bought a 02 Accord. THE DRL indicator light was always on and the passenger side DRL and high beam wouldnt work. I searched it up and it was a common problem, took it apart and resoldered the broken joints. It worked for a bit, took apart my cars front end ( was in an accident) and now I am having the same problem again, do you think my relay is fried? tried searching for one online but can't find one. Do you guys think it is the same relay from a 5th gen accord too?

Im going to rip it apart tomorrow and see if I can find any more broken solder joints

Last edited:

tckm

Reaction score
drl = only canadian accords

most accords on this site are from the us

finch13

Reaction score
I'd replay the high beam relays, yes I said both.

If not, it's likely a shorted wire coming from the DRL module to those relays. That's basically everything in the circuit after the bulbs split off from the control part of the circuit. Relays, DRL module, bulbs, wiring.

watut

Reaction score
I'd replay the high beam relays, yes I said both.

If not, it's likely a shorted wire coming from the DRL module to those relays. That's basically everything in the circuit after the bulbs split off from the control part of the circuit. Relays, DRL module, bulbs, wiring.

It was actually the module under the dash. Took it out and resoldered it again and it worked

kn0x47

Reaction score
im just curious but what exactly are you resoldering? i just find it odd that a soldered connection inside a device would keep breaking.

finch13

Reaction score
When the soldered pin on the PCB gets old they tend to get brittle and crack. They're fine until they heat up and the metal expands away from each other and causes an intermittent connection or none at all. This is the main cause of main relay failures on Hondas.

watut

Reaction score
When the soldered pin on the PCB gets old they tend to get brittle and crack. They're fine until they heat up and the metal expands away from each other and causes an intermittent connection or none at all. This is the main cause of main relay failures on Hondas.

Yep, DRL relays, main relays. I've resoldered soo many of both by now.

lithiumus

Reaction score
Sounds like the same problem I'm having. The DRL flickers on and off. If I hit my steering wheel I can make it flicker. Where exactly is the relay located? Does it just pull out or do I need to unbolt it etc?

Back