Dyno'ing *Photos/Video added* 7.26.12

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
Sounds great Chris. Are you happy with the numbers?

And Marauders are badass cars if done right.

ejreams

Reaction score
MMm, I'm pretty sure this has been covered over at acurazine.
The J30A1 (or 2) paired with a 6 Speed's closest 1:1 is 5th gear

Sweet vid though, at least you know you're hitting what they said you would from factory, with mods. xD haha

Last edited:

ejreams

Reaction score
^ maybe because he doesn't have headers?? I was actually wondering the same thing. I would have expected at least 215-220.

Probably, Headers are one of, if not the, best bang for your buck mod on the accords/acuras. most people say they get average 15-20 off of it alone.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Nice group you went with :) Car sounds very nice and a sensible degree of deepness.

They were nice guys, and they had nice cars. My car was the oldest, but in all honesty I thought it was the prettiest (except for the Supra). Thanks, it’s funny how the car goes from a low growl to a high pitched scream, but even at the high RPM’s it still sounds meaty.

Nice now I cant wait to get my car on the dyno.

I’ll be interested to see what yours does man.

When it engage into VTEC YO! I fell back on my seat dawg lol I'm jk nice numbers for a stock motor any plans in the future for it???

Lol the guy that owned the shop was joking about the VTEC, and what it does to the graph. I’d like to make it into a J36 someday, and supercharge it. That won’t be until it’s not my daily driver anymore though.

I'm confused on the numbers. Seem low. You lost 59 HP from crank to wheels. I saw another stock type s 3.2 produce 226whp.

My j30 with the same intake and headers / flowmaster cat back years ago pulled 180 whp.

^ maybe because he doesn't have headers?? I was actually wondering the same thing. I would have expected at least 215-220.

I felt let down at first, but I’ve heard a 15% power loss is pretty standard, so actually the torque numbers make sense in that line of thinking. Not sure what’s up with the hp number though. I mean I know results vary between dyno’s, temperature, etc. It was 88 or so that day. If it was cooler and I had the headers on I think there would be a difference.

Link me to the stock 3.2 dyno you saw, Matt. My motor only has around 50k on it, doubt there could be a loss of compression or anything. I’m thinking the dyno you saw couldn’t have been a stock 3.2.

VTEC!!!! Nice video, car sounds great.

Side note, not sure I have ever seen a go pro clip until now that was not shot at a lower FOV than the typical fish eye effect

Haha thanks Eric. Yeah the video turned out better than I thought both audio/video wise. My co-worker had the GoPro, if you want to know anything I can ask him. I want one, there are so sweet and convenient.

Man I love our v6 vtec crossover sound.
Nice dyno, It had better sound quality than a lot of other places offer and two different camera positions.

My co-worker brought his own GoPro and just stuck it on the window in front of the dyno. The other video was from another guy we went with, this video just puts the two clips together.

Numbers are good, CB, almost identical.

I am sure once you get the rest of the engine mods done, you will see the increase that is apparently 'the average'.

Yeah I dunno, I mean from what I’ve heard a 15% loss is normal, so in that sense the torque numbers would be right. But anyway we’re doing another dyno day in the fall. It will be cooler then and I’ll have the headers on, so we’ll see what happens then.

As for the Marauder, saw/heard one on the weekend, new appreciation for the big ol' sedan. "450 to the right wheels".

I always thought they only came in black. I guess not. But yeah they’re cool.

Sounds great Chris. Are you happy with the numbers?

And Marauders are badass cars if done right.

I guess, if the power loss figure is true. In either case the car sure feels fast lol. I’d like more, but not sure I want to do anything else performance-wise. Starting to feel ready to start saving for my next car. We’ll see though.

Yeah Marauders have a lot of power stock, 300 I think. But they’re not as fast as you’d think just because they’re so damn big and heavy.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
You and I have had somewhat similar plans for the future of our cars, so that's always something to look forward to.

In the meantime, I am sure this swap has been a huge difference over stock, regardless of what the numbers are. There is potential in the engine, and in time, I am sure you will see what you can do to tap in to it.

RallyMachine

Reaction score
The car sounds great Chris! That video was pretty awesome, especially the picture in the beginning :thumbup:

What did you think on Cincy Speed? I always drive by there on my way to u pull and pay but I've never actually been there.

HP numbers are slightly disappointing imo, that would be almost a 25% drivetrain loss. Did you change your fuel pump and injectors during the swap? The injector part is obvious but maybe your stock fuel pump can't provide the pressure the injectors need to make the max hp. Just a thought...

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Well I got a bit nervous when I pulled up and saw the Rottweiler trotting around haha. But the staff were really nice, were careful with the cars, and ended up giving each of us 3 pulls for $40, so that was awesome. They mainly work on muscle cars, but they get all kinds of cars going in there to dyno. They had some really cool projects sitting around, the owner drives a G8 GT, was talking to him about it for awhile. I'd go back, and will in the fall.

You're right, HP loss is about 24%. But the torque loss is about 11% so that's good, and torque is more important that HP. But yeah I mean I would think the HP loss would be proportional to the torque loss. I did not change the fuel pump or injectors. With how low the miles were on the motor (38k) and with how clean it was, it didn't seem necessary. Also gotta remember hot was hot and humid. I might look into some things like the fuel pump, but the car sure feels fast enough for me though lol. If you ever want a ride sometime, I'll show you what I mean. ;)

Last edited:

RallyMachine

Reaction score
So are you running the oem j30 injectors or the j32 injectors? And yes, I would like a ride eventually so I can experience the VTEC kick in, yo. Haha, but seriously we need to do a photoshoot soon!

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I would assume the J32 injectors are in there, no need to swap them out for the J30 ones.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
So are you running the oem j30 injectors or the j32 injectors? And yes, I would like a ride eventually so I can experience the VTEC kick in, yo. Haha, but seriously we need to do a photoshoot soon!

J32 injectors are being used. The motor was complete, so anything inside/outside of it was used. I guess I need to look up how to clean injectors, and see how hard/expensive it would be to change the fuel pump. I would like to make sure I am getting the motor's full potential. I am going to talk with Rich and see what he thinks since he is a freakin genius.

Yeah we do. I am going junkyarding Saturday (maybe Cars n Coffee before that), then going home to Columbus Sunday. Maybe Saturday 8/4, weather permitting? I will try to think of some good locations, you probably have some too. And you can pick the time of day, I'm sure you know what light is best for shooting, avoiding glare, etc. I'm flexible!

I would assume the J32 injectors are in there, no need to swap them out for the J30 ones.

He was making sure I was using J32 injectors.

I wanted nothing to do with that J30 anymore, lol. Hardly anything was carried over.

Back