E-brake cable help

F23A1AT

Reaction score
So this seems like a good place to leave this. About a month ago I bought some disc brake e-brake cables form a member on here, unfortunately I wasn't paying attention to what I was negotiating for. I ended up getting a pair for a coupe instead of a sedan. I did a "dry install" of the RH side cable and it came up to what looks like the right spot, the only problem I could see is the cable came a lot closer to the floor pan than the ones that are currently on the car. I did a little bit of searching and found that both the coupe cables are 72.5 inches in length and the sedan ones are 73.5(R) and 73.125(L). These are the specs for aftermarket cables through advance auto parts. I do have quite a bit of adjustment in the handbrake that I can work with, it's the sheathing I'm worried about.

Does anyone think that a 1 inch difference and a 5/8 inch difference is really going to be an issue?

BTW what I mean by a dry install is, I took the center console out and had the cable installed in the handle and bolted to the floor. The only thing that hadn't been done was hooking the cable on the caliper (that wasn't there at the time)

Any insight is appreciated, funds are an issue not laziness.

Back