ECU to run JDM F20B

jponder4

Reaction score
Ok, before you guys rip me to shreds, I couldn't find this specific answer after searching. Considering that JDM obd2 doesn't communicate with USDM obd2, and that the F20B is a destroked H22, is it possible to run my obd2 F20B with an OBD2 USDM H22 ecu? If not, can I run the stock f23 ecu just to pass test then swap to JDM F20B ecu? Conversion to OBD1 out of the question as needed to pass GA emissions test. I know wiring is a mess, I got time.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
No way the f23's ecu will work to pass emissions, you'll be getting a random misfire code in all 4 cylinders

jponder4

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Even if the dizzy and all other connections are wired correctly to the harness, it will still give misfire codes? Will the same happen if I use the H22 ecu?

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
Yes very very likely. I tried that on my h23a and on the codes always popped up with the cel flashing at high revs and above 50ish. I really want to say the USDM OBD2 h22 ecu would work, don't want to jump to anything without being certain

Steadycrusin401

Reaction score
people that I know who have done the swap used their jdm f20b ecu. I personally converted to obd1 with a chipped p75. if you do use an obd2 h22 ecu FYI they have immobilizers. best of luck.

jponder4

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I considered just running the F20b ecu but since it won't read on USDM scanners, I have to find a work around. I read that it is possible to desolder the immobilizer and put in the immobilizer from the f23 ecu. I will probably try the H22a but is it true I have to get H22 fuel injectors?

bkzilla69

Reaction score
Anyone figure this out i have a f20b in a 2002 lx coupe. I need to run obd2 to pass emissions. Can i run a usdm ecu and not throw a code and pass.

mando719

Reaction score
hamotorsports.com does a immobalizer removal service, like $100. I am going to try it soon, as I am having no start with my 99 EX f20b swap. Its stresssful

jponder4

Reaction score
So I got an ECU in the mail; definitely not the one I order. I received a 37820-PCA-N64. Does anyone know if this will run my F20B?

Back