Electric Cutout?

sweagle02

Reaction score
On an I4 AT. Just for noise, no power expected to gain from this. Opinions?

*Flamesuit On* :hide:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I thought about it, but those little motors eventually break and get stuck open or closed. If I had a weekend turbo honda, I might get it. Otherwise, it serves no purpose on a DD.

finch13

Reaction score
I think someone has one on theirs.... why do I think I remember seeing a video of a 6th gen with a cutout...

Don't expect the same sound, and you'll probably get some raspies if you mount it before the resonator or don't get a longer resonator... but I think it woul be fun :thumbup:

Crono139

Reaction score
Dracord has/had one on his turbo I4.

ecutout.jpg

finch13

Reaction score
^ I knew it. You could always mount a cable operated cutout as well.... or whatever other kinds they have.

sweagle02

Reaction score
^ I knew it. You could always mount a cable operated cutout as well.... or whatever other kinds they have.

Ya i've heard that those manual ones are sturdier and more reliable but that most companies that make these have fixed the problems with reliability and leaks. I just really don't know wth it would sound like on my accord with stock headers and stock exhaust, hmm...

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I just think it's no use if your not boosted....IMO :ugh2: lol

If I had one, I would probably not try to close it with the car on. Just for the fact of pressure and that little butterfly closing an exhaust port....

Last edited:

finch13

Reaction score
Go for it dude.

Now you have me thinking of snatching up a plumbing butterfly valve from work and welding an arm to it and a cable... damnit.

one idea: link it to the throttle.... open the butterfly at 30% and let it roar when you rev it, but quiet other times.

Back