Engine doesnt respond to throttle input. Bogs down and dies

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Yeah, but if you pull the assembly off it's attached to the back.

Probably attached with m6 bolts (10mm socket), where the head breas off when they get tight. So they are smooth, look like rivits, but TURN LEFT TO REMOVE!

First ya gotta remove the steering shaft cover, plastic, prolly 3 er 4 phillips screws.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
The part where the key goes comes out the front (barrel) don't even gotta remove other stuff. So it is behind it, the barrel does turn it, but I wouldn't say their part of the same thing.

EastSideRide

Reaction score
Yea the ignition should do it by the sounds of it. Takes no time and doesn't cost much :) just pull off the plastic coverings around the neck of the steering collar and you will see on the left side this black oval that covers the actual switch. It has 3 screws and one clip holding it on. One screw is a pain to remove as it is on the top of the plastic covering but on the top of it where you will feel it run above the wire (acts as a protective cover for the wire for the switch). Its literally a plug and play hook up. Unplug the old one from the harness by the fuse box then pull out the actually switch. Then go backward for installation.

Sorry I rushed this DIY as I am eating GOOOOOOD food lawls

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Meant2Live

Reaction score
ICAV was done yesterday and it's still the same. Ignition switch looks fine.
Can anybody tell me where I can find the TPS and rev sensor, and any other sensor which I might need to look into. I'm frustrated.

Here's a list of things already done
ICAV cleaned
EGR cleaned
Throttle body and intake manifold opened and cleaned
Spark plugs replaced
Fuel filter replaced
Injectors cleaned up
Distributor opened up and cleaned
Header join pipe temporarily disconnected and checked

One more symptom of the problem is that on very light throttle application,say maybe 1/25th throttle, the revs build up gradually upto around 5k. But sudden application of throttle, leads the engine to choke and die.

But if I start the car and immediately floor the throttle, it revs till the ECU gets a reading from the faulty sensor. And within a second, the rpms die again, even with the throttle still floored with intake noise.
I'm at a point where I'm helpless regarding what more I can do. Somebody please help me out.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
TPS is on the throttle body.

rev sensor inside dizzy

cant have bad sensor w/o mil

Back