F&F Type 1's / Creaking noise

Skyy

Reaction score
Just noticed this today..not sure how long its been happening, or if its normal.

It only happens / noticeable at speeds less then 10 mph.

I'll go over a decent sized bump, and the coils in the front make a creaking noise...that of a door almost.

Thoughts?

XxESKIMOxX

Reaction score
for me when i had my car i believe it was because my lower ball jointed popped. but i never got the chance to fix it since my car got totaled. but you can also contact Ken aka nasoic from this forum i am sure he is able to help you out.

[email protected].

Reaction score
Just noticed this today..not sure how long its been happening, or if its normal.

It only happens / noticeable at speeds less then 10 mph.

I'll go over a decent sized bump, and the coils in the front make a creaking noise...that of a door almost.

Thoughts?

I get the same thing, even tho' I'm on AMR's. Only creaks at low speeds over bumps. I'm convinced the cold has a lot to do with it, and at higher speeds the movement of the suspension parts in the respective bushings happens quickly enough that they don't creak. Since I don't notice anything weird going on, such as odd handling or swaying, I'll leave it 'til winter's over.

jaw819

Reaction score
Mines creaking too!
tell me, does it creak when moving the steering wheel back and forth?

SilverAggie

Reaction score
Mine is doing this too. I actually took of my wheel just yesterday to make sure that It was not the shock or strut. There was no sign of leaking grease or loss of handling or anything like that, so i know the shock is not blown. I am on F&F Type 2's and have only had them since September or so. I am pretty confident that this problem has been due to the cold weather and that it is the lower ball joint like someone else said. Can't wait til it gets warmer, this noise is pissing me off.

Oh and mine creaks when moving the steering wheel back and forth.

snip33r

Reaction score
i used to have FF'2 on my 7th gen and had same squeak noise everytime i pass over the road dip/bump at low speeds, for me it was the coilovers

Last edited:

001Stunna

Reaction score
you need a new car:thumbsup:

lolz that is the perfect advice. he's driving the same mode/generation of car as all of us are lol, even you.
+ his suspension>Skunk2 sleeves

OP.if you can do it yourself or take your car to a shop and ask them to just do a general suspension check for play in joints, broken/cracked bushings, loose nuts etc. If all checks out then check your coils and make sure that you've re-tensioned your springs to about 2-3mm i believe(contact ken for FF actual specs on this). Make sure you've added some silicone grease at the points where the spring meets the perch on the bottom and where the spring meets the rubber on the top, in addition to the locking perches on their own. Re-check and retighten the top mounting nuts and bottom ones.

Retest and see if noise is still there.

Last edited:

keow123

Reaction score
My friend had the same issue. I checked every single bolt thats involved with suspension. Found a few loose bolt and raped bushing. :/

Back