F20b swap into a 2001 Honda Accord automatic

Jerzeygangzta

Reaction score
Just did f20b swap into my accord .and my idle seems a little low and when I put the ac the car idles even lower when I try to put it in drive it cuts off. In less I give it gas . Has anybody have these problems on a f20b swap in a 2001 accord automatic. And my using the computer that came with the motor. And my d4 light is blinking

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
What is the idle rpm reading? You could try increasing the idle speed if it's too low.

D4 light blinking usually signals transmission failure, but it could have to do with your swap if something was not done correctly. Does the transmission shift up/down normally while driving?

Jerzeygangzta

Reaction score
The car idles at about 1000 and when I put the ac on it goes down to about 500 . And when I try to put in any of the gears the car sometimes turns off . I haven't drove the car yet to see if it shifts in all of the gears . Also my temp gauge doesn't work on the dash any idea ?

Jerzeygangzta

Reaction score
Fix the d4 light tranny was mess up swap in a new one and it works great . The only problem I have is when I turn the ac on the car idles drops to much and. It seems like it wants to turn off .if I give it gas it fine but when I let the gas off it idles up and down . Need help with this issue 2001 Honda Accord automatic with a f20b

Navymr

Reaction score
I recently performed this swap also. I ran into a lot of hiccups. I tried to make it as easy as possible but getting f20b, auto trans, harness, and pcb so all I would need to do is adapt the engine to the chassis. Yea didn't go anywhere as planned. Importer sent wrong pcb ecuwith the package. Bought another got everything in and....no start. No main relay engaging. Read that I need to supply separate chassis ground to main relay. Did that fuel pump turns on but car still won't start. Found fuse 13 driver side has no power. This goes to starter cutout relay supposed to be supplied power by pcb once shift interlock circuit is closed. Applied power to fuse 13. Car started right up like a champ! Sounded great. Problem I still have is pcb ecu has pins for P N R D original ecu only has pins for a combined PNP. The car will not come out of park. So shift interlock signal isn't getting sent and when running the P and N indicator lights both stay on. Did you encounter anything like this in your swap? I have the CF4 service manual for the Torneo with the F20B...in Russian. If you don't have a copy. Any help is appreciated.

Back