F20B Swap NEWB Help

Reaction score
So my mt transmission kicked the bucket I'm unable to go in reverse so in the near future I want to do a F20B swap and just need help on a good place to buy the engine and everything I'm going to need before starting this process
from what I could find so far it looks like I can keep my stock ecu wiring harness but I'm going to have to swap some wires around and that the F20B will mount up to the existing transmission but that's about it so any extra advise would help I'm pretty much just trying to make a list right now while I save for this upgrade

ZFreak

Reaction score
As stated above, the F and H series transmissions are interchangeable. If you're wanting to get a transmission that will work with the f20B swap later, look at the T2T4 transmission that originally came with the SIR-T 5 speed F20B car. It has a much shorter gear ratio as well as factory Limited Slip (LSD). Reuse your 6th gen axles, and you're game. As long as you already had a manual trans, it is a straight swap for the transmission.

For the F20B swap, you will use your 6th gen wiring harness, but you have to move one of the pins on the harness for the fuel pump (so it will turn on), as well as modify the wiring for the distributor/tach signal/CAS as the F23A1 got the signal from the sensor by the crankshaft, and the F20B gets it from the distributor. Rather simple, really.

The F20B had electronic power steering, but the head already had the place for the bracket to bolt up. I am using the late 90's Prelude power steering bracket, as it bolts right up.

If you are planning on wanting to tune your car, you should really get a OBD2B to OBDI jumper, get Hondata S300 and a P28 ECU to run it all. Not cheap, but will open up a lot more options as far as tuning, plus you can delete your EGR valve (assuming you're not in an emissions state) and other misc. emissions parts.

I bought my engine from DallasJDMMotors and I would tell you to AVOID them. The engine I bought from them had bearings that were in terrible shape to the point of replacing them, but I am in the process of rebuilding the entire engine before I finish this swap.

Back