F20B Woes, Help!

jponder4

Reaction score
Was seriously considering driving my accord off a cliff, the only problem is it doesn't drive, at least not well. Here's the background and the problems. I swapped the f23a1 to JDM F20B. I started the car which idled at 1200 for about 3mins and as the car warmed, the idle gradually fell and steadied at 700 for a while, then fell again to about 500. I vacuumed tested it at the port where the IAB plugs in and it read 15in then increased to 17in. I pulled off and put on timing belt 18 times and got it to be less than "1/2" tooth off on cams in relation to driveplate. I don't know that I can get this thing any closer.

I took it for a spin around the block, but I had to push in the shift lock because it wouldn't move out of park. It drives really rough with hardly any power at first the it revs to about the 2500 mark and starts to pull fine. The brakes, however, don't seem to work well (maybe the booster is dead?). Anyway, I was driving a steep hill and despite WOT the car barely broke 20mph until it reached about 3000rpm then it shifted really hard and I made the hill. When I reached the top, the car almost stalled out and as I pulled into my even steeper driveway, it died.

I was doing this the first time I test drove it (before I thought the timing was off, I guess it still could be off?). I have cleaned the IACV several times, swapped ECUs, getting no CEL/MIL. There is a leak in exhaust pipe 2ft after cat where I cut it to fit new header and downpipe. I did bleed the cooling system of air.

That's all the info that is relevant that comes to mind. If anyone has any ideas as the what this problem is, that would be awesome.

jponder4

Reaction score
The car is 98 accord, automatic transmission. The ecu was bought on eBay and is 37820-PCA-N64 supposedly from JDM Torneo. I have tried running it on stock accord ecu and that will run it in more or less the same way.I get same issues regardless and no CEL with either. I do have a ticking noise from head buy I adjusted valves before dropping in the car.

jponder4

Reaction score
So Dizzy order is off...

I went to double check timing at the dizzy because thats the only place I haven't checked. Surprise! I turned crank to TDC and took off the dizzy cap. The rotor is pointing at cylinder 3. How do I fix this? the only thing i can think is that this cam or both are off, but the marks line up.

Back