F23 dying randomly

twofast4u

Reaction score
Got abit of a weird issue. If I am driving for abit (say highway speeds) And i exit off, I sometimes just clutch--> neutral and brake to a stop. At that point the RPM just drops and car dies. It starts right back up again with no issues, but it's weird that it randomly dies like this. There's no CEL's or any sign of anything wrong. I did my spark plugs a few weeks back, and cleaned my IACV last summer.

Thanks in advance for the help!

danmccormick87

Reaction score
Could be your sensor on your IACV, did you change that out as well? Unplug it, drive it around without it plugged in and see if it drives like normal. If it does, it's the sensor. This is my issue right now with mine :beer:

agginline86

Reaction score
I was having similar issues when my primary O2 sensor went bad
but that would throw a code. ignition switch? EGR?
sounds a bit abnormal for ignition switch though

twofast4u

Reaction score
Could be your sensor on your IACV, did you change that out as well? Unplug it, drive it around without it plugged in and see if it drives like normal. If it does, it's the sensor. This is my issue right now with mine :beer:

Thanks. I'll check that sensor at some point this week. I'm guessing it wouldnt throw a code if it was bad?

Also, I just changed my 02 sensor 3 weeks ago. I do appreciate the suggestions though.

danmccormick87

Reaction score
I'm not sure, I have a constant CEL from my test pipe, until I can get the 02 sensor off to install the cheater plug. Any luck on getting it fixed?

twofast4u

Reaction score
So i unplugged the IACV today as a test, car actually ran a hell of alot worse and a CEL came on. So for now im going to go to the wreckers sometime in the next few weeks and pick up a IACV from there. It died on me 4 times in 20 min yesterday.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
IACV or egr...easiest way is a vac gauge, too low of vac (high mm/hg #) no iacv worky, too high stuck open egr.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
So i unplugged the IACV today as a test, car actually ran a hell of alot worse and a CEL came on. So for now im going to go to the wreckers sometime in the next few weeks and pick up a IACV from there. It died on me 4 times in 20 min yesterday.

I can tell you that Mega City has several Accords there, so, you shouldn't have a hard time finding an IACV in one of them.

twofast4u

Reaction score
Well, just to give a quick update, I swapped out the IACV which seems to have fixed part of the issue (it doesn't idle low then raise back up when i start the car), now it just dumps sporadically when i clutch and brake. I'm going to try EGR next, but i doubt its that since it was changed not too long ago.

Maybe distributor?

Back