F23's Big Big OEM brake build. Update page 3 (post 25)

bagoon316

Reaction score
Re: !!!1!Teaser!eleven1! : Guess my mod.

just wondering how much you paid for the Legend Calipers?

there is an interesting article posted on cb7tuner about doing the 2 piston legend calipers and why people are against it. mostly because youre going from using a leading edge caliper to a trailing edge, turning the caliper from a left side use to a right side use.

heres the article from 2003...

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=836

remember when I was going to upgrade my brakes from HOR to ROH i looked into this and decided against it.

F23A1AT

Reaction score

just wondering how much you paid for the Legend Calipers?

there is an interesting article posted on cb7tuner about doing the 2 piston legend calipers and why people are against it. mostly because youre going from using a leading edge caliper to a trailing edge, turning the caliper from a left side use to a right side use.

heres the article from 2003...

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=836

remember when I was going to upgrade my brakes from HOR to ROH i looked into this and decided against it.

40 dorrah shipped

That is an interesting read. Thank you for passing it this way. I've heard about the concerns with swapping sides to get the bleeder on the top and the larger piston being first versus last. Something that really excited me was the 38/42mm sized pistons mentioned in that thread. I have disassembled one of my calipers and found those sizes in there and thought for a moment I had a set of NSX calipers on my hands.

With having these disassembled I can't really see why people think that the pistons will give different amounts of effort. The inlet hole is split right in the middle of the two piston bores. The machining to open up the two bores to the inlet hole, appears to exactly the same. So by my logic a smaller piston receiving the exact same amount of input would yield more pressure per square millimeter. Also since liquids can't be compressed, the 42mm piston should have a larger, though probably un-measurable, flex to it taking more effort to get the same push on the piston.

I may take these to a machining shop and have some bleeder holes drilled into the other end and seal the factory ones up permanently. That is if the machinist offers a reasonable price.

We'll see what happens.

Last edited:

F23A1AT

Reaction score

I have rebuilt the calipers entirely and cleaned them to a nice shine with a wire brush. I am getting a bonus next month from work and I'll probably pick up the brake pads then, ceramics aren't cheap lol. Will be getting powerslots for the front too.

F23A1AT

Reaction score

Update!

I found a legend GS at a local junkyard and took some things off of it. It looks like I will be able to finish my brake build very soon.

The shopping list:
95 Acura Legend GS calipers (X)
95 Acura Legend 28T brake brackets (X)
95 Acura legend Powerslot brake rotors
Hawk ceramic brake pads
Goodridge G-stop steel braided lines (X)

Also, the back brakes will be upgraded to stock equipped disc brakes. (X)

Pixor of a test fit, this is using a stock legend rotor and the GS caliper with a 25T

!!!! Achtung !!!! Must be 10 inches soft to handle these brakes !!!!

2012-04-17212013.jpg

2012-04-17212412.jpg

These were crammed into a alloy wheel from my Nissan, it fits the exact same size tire so it should be close enough for now.

Enjoy. :D

Last edited:

jdmcg3

Reaction score
wait are you putting these on your 240 or the accord?

finally got to drive my car last night with these calipers installed.. i love them compared to my stock calipers.. i barely press the pedal and before i know it im at a complete stop. thanks for the help along the way of my install F23A1AT (dont know your name yet, but some how you know mine lol)

ill be PMing you back about those cables.. just been weighing out my options

F23A1AT

Reaction score
They are going on the accord, yeah they work good. After Pat and I installed them on his 7th gen and did the first stop, there was this long silence after which all I could say was ddddddaaaaaaaammmmmmmnnnnn.

My name is Alan BTW.

Last edited:

F23A1AT

Reaction score
2012-05-17143141.jpg

Burnt copper will send the message I'm looking for. Install should be in a week or so they need to cure.

Back