FF Type 1 Inquiry

Varnell

Reaction score
I'm sure it has a little to do with driving habits, too. I like highway ramps a little too much. $75 isn't bad at all. If Tein has a price point similar to that I'll feel much better about this coilover business.

I'm trying not to let another thread scare me from F&Fs too much. lol

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
I had Function and Form type II's on my car for about 2 or 3 years. They were loud as hell lol, especially the rears. I'd go Tein if I were you. They have proven build quality, good handling, nice quality, and, if I remember correctly, a lifetime warranty.

Varnell

Reaction score
I haven't read anything about a lifetime warranty. Everything has been a one year limited warranty. If you can find a lifetime warranty I'd be willing to pay the extra cash.

I'm relieved to hear they lasted you so long. I'm not interested in replacing them once a year.

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
I'm probably wrong about the warranty :lawl:

But seriously, the coilovers lasted but you can tell they really aren't all that great when you have them on. I've never heard so many loud thuds and bumps...and that was from the rears, not the fronts :lawl:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
one of my f2's blew within 2 days after being installed...then another about 6 months later. the ksports i had on previously were on for 4 years before one blew. f2's are garbage and really don't do anything good other than lower your car, the ksports handled a lot better as well. i wouldn't get f2's again if they were free.

todd_cards

Reaction score
oh man fellas! this thread was a good one! im leaning more towards type ones! im young so wouldnt mind the bumps as much! but the blowing! thats a scary thought. do not feel like going through that and paying the extra if it is close to intallation! but as long as we get a year warranty i think im still ok with it! but very thoughful thread guys!
thanks
jake!

Back