finch13's 1999 Chevy Silverado Build Thread

SykVSyx

Reaction score
3/5/11 Update

Over the last few weeks the engine build has turned into an iron LS1 build, the new estimated numbers are 457 hp and 467 ft. lbs. at the crank. Stay tuned.

srs_bsns.jpg

nsjames

Reaction score
They are kits to raise the front end of the vehicle to compensate for the factory front "raked" look that is designed to haul heavier loads in the bed of the truck. Basically leveling out your suspension, allowing for bigger wheel/tires. You could probably put helper springs on the rear leafs for extra weight you in the bed if disired, since you mentioned you bought this for hauling.

http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-Choose-a-Leveling-Kit-109938274

helper springs bring the suckage.

airbags is where it's at.

finch13

Reaction score
Ah, good ol' "Poor Man's LS1". Lol. :p

Are you gonna be running it on 91oct?

I guess... working with what I've got. I dropped it back down to a 5.3 build again... I lost 20hp. That's easy enough to pick up elsewhere without spending $1k to do it.

Boring the block to 3.905", mill the deck and have it sonic checked afterward would be $470, pistons come in at $540. Yeah, not spending $1,010 to net 20hp... a FAST intake would get me more for the same money.

Going back to a 5.3 will drop my compression down to 10.6:1 or so, Nelson Performance might be able to squeak me by on 87 octane with the tune.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
this is one of the more exciting build threads (imo) in a while. thanks for the updates, keep'em coming man

finch13

Reaction score
It has all just been brainstorming and disassembly for now. Next week should have some progress and pictures!

Back