Fine Scratches...

maximus017

Reaction score
I just took some time to take my instrument panel out, in lieu of me getting my LEDs from superbrightleds... just to make sure that I understood how everything works....well when i pulled the cluster out, i noticed the plastic shield, that covers the gauges has some very fine scratches in it...(not sure how they got there, but there are there)...My question is can I use the same haze remover to take the fine scratches out???

Plastix or 3m Haze remover???

maximus017

Reaction score
polishing compound or rubbing compound???
What would be the difference, if you dont mind me asking?

jgo86x

Reaction score
mine has scratches too...

I used scratchx from meguires and it works for me...just apply it on microfiber cloth and buff it out

only difference I can think of between rubbing and polishing compound is that polishing compound has much finer abrasives than rubbing compound

Last edited:

Johnson

Reaction score
rubbing compound is like sand paper and makes scratches
polishing compound takes out the scratches

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Whatever route you take, especially if you use the polisher compound, wouldn't hurt to do a DIY on it for future reference.

maximus017

Reaction score
Yeah, I was thinking to do that, i got something else that i am working on that i am going to include on the DIY...gonna try a test today, in like 30 so we will see if it comes out as well as i think it may...

Back