first attempt at strobing

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
These types of photos take a while to master. Flash location, setup, and other factors are key on how the photo comes out.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
i do not know anything about photography "yet", but my eyes tell me first pic is too dark. i can't see the details for the grill/lower grill.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
The licence plate needed better lighting, that is just something you don't want to take away from in any photo it's in.

Good shots though, practice will get the technique down.

I think the biggest thing is just the positioning of the lighting, otherwise, great pics.

LOVE that colour.

iHazSnail

Reaction score
Yes indeed practice is needed. It was only one speedlight. Any input on how and where to place it to avoid hotspots and such? Its really hard to do with the being a dark shade. I do use a CPL but then again, in the dark its difficult to see how much reflection was killed or if i need to rotate it in order to get rid of most of the reflections

Mikey

Reaction score
The front of the car looks PS'd in the first pic. Seeing as I know little to nothing about photography, this may be the effect you're going for.
shrug.gif

kn0x47

Reaction score
Yes indeed practice is needed. It was only one speedlight. Any input on how and where to place it to avoid hotspots and such? Its really hard to do with the being a dark shade. I do use a CPL but then again, in the dark its difficult to see how much reflection was killed or if i need to rotate it in order to get rid of most of the reflections

Nah I can't really help with the hotspot issue. I sometimes just Photoshop out what I can. You'll just have to try varying the distance from the car and how high the flash is from the ground. Normally I try to point the flash on the ground around the car or actually pointing it over the roof.

Personally I think you just waited till it was too dark to use a bare flash plus you have a difficult color to photograph. Try taking a picture in the evening or in a parking deck/ car port so you can bounce the flash off the ceiling. First pic would look better if the ground was lit up on both sides

iHazSnail

Reaction score
take two on this

17c781e6.jpg

Problem is, i use gimp and im not sure if the ps version of the clone tool is as crappy as this one or is it because im a noob at this but it sucks

Back