Fitment check please

SneakyPete

Reaction score
Looking for some info on fitment. Wheels are 18X9.5 +40. Tires I believe are 225X40X18 or 235X40X18 can't remember. Will these fit? If so, how will the stance look? flush or poke? Currently I am running no drop at all, but I would like to drop it just enough to close the wheel gap (no tuck).

1. Will they fit?
2. What will the stance look like?
3. Will springs give me the drop to close the gap? or will coilovers be needed?
4. With just closing the gap and no lower, will a camber kit be needed?

Thanks for any info.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
it will look like they stick out by a bit...to pull off rims in these sizes you need some negative camber and drop...and some slight mods to the fender...

you can fit them stock but if you hit a bump it will rub...i recommend not doing it...cause it will look funky...get the drop done first and then go from there...that way you will know better what you can do

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Those are pretty wide, as Dinzdale said you will need some fender work to make those work when you drop the car. I'm pretty sure these wheels will stick out unless you pull the fenders, with a +40 offset.

I am guessing your tires are 235...225 is a lot of stretch for a 9.5" width rim.

You can close your gap just fine with either type of suspension. Camber kits really aren't needed with a drop 2" or less.

SneakyPete

Reaction score
Those are pretty wide, as Dinzdale said you will need some fender work to make those work when you drop the car. I'm pretty sure these wheels will stick out unless you pull the fenders, with a +40 offset.

I am guessing your tires are 235...225 is a lot of stretch for a 9.5" width rim.

You can close your gap just fine with either type of suspension. Camber kits really aren't needed with a drop 2" or less.

so i assume that cutting the lip won't be enough then. how does one go about pulling the fenders. How about a staggered fit with 18X8 up front and the 9.5 in the rear? unless its just me, it seems there is more room to play with in the rear wells. worse case i'll stick with the 8" all around, but I was trying to get a little more lip.

Thanks guys

SykVSyx

Reaction score
9.5" is pushing it a bit.

I think the "sweet spot" would be 7.5"-8" up front and 8"-9" in the rear.

Yes, you would need a 235 tire for a 9.5" rim, and it would stretch alot with 225.

I know of a few member's who have pulled their fenders, but don't recall what technique they used.

Maybe changroo, Keychain or Fundillo can offer some assistance.

Would definately recommend a camber kit for the rear to avoid any problems running such a wide rim. You'll also want to consider relocated your rear bumper tabs as well.

Back