FOG Lights wont shut off

WOTaccord

Reaction score
Today when I got to work I noticed my fog lights where still on when I got out of the car I thought hmm I left my lights on but nope the switch on the console was off, i tried the switch on the dash but it wouldnt shut off the light stays on and so does the fogs after the car is off. This just started today , I didnt touch anything so I dont get it. I am going to buy a new switch but I am not sure if thats even the issue. Any help would be great! I unplugged the switch and they shut off, I had to do this so the battery wouldnt be drained.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
What kind of switch are you using? Did you use some ebay wiring with an OEM switch?

When i wired the ebay harness to my OEM switch I had to play with the wires a bit. Sometimes they would stay on even with the switch being off also.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
OEM fogs and Oem Switch , how did you fix it though?

Oh I see.

Well i had the ebay 01-02 accord fogs w/ all the wire harness and switch. I went with an OEM switch and had to cut the foglight switch wires. I followed Nakita's diy of using ebay harness with OEM switch. But of course all ebay wiring sucked so when i followed his instructions my fogs stayed on, only on the on position though because the power was from the radio, if the radio wasnt working so was my fogs.

I just messed around connecting the ebay wires to my OEM switch until it work correctly.

I wouldnt know about your situation though. Though you had the ebay wiring to an OEM switch i might have thought wires were touching.

WOTaccord

Reaction score
Thanks thats what I figured, I am going to get one tomorrow hopefully. Where can I find one?

cjsaccord

Reaction score
your fog light relay could also be fried, I had the same problem in the past.
I would check that first since a relay is easier to get a hold to than a switch that has to be shipped out.

Back