• Idea #1

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Idea #2

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hush

Reaction score
why not cut into the middle of your rear deck and poping the sub in there and then on the bottem make a fiber glass box under the box?

wg2k7

Reaction score
DONT DO IT! rear deck is a nono, trust me. i have my subs mounted there right now and the whole deck rattles like hell. its not as stable as youd think. after xmas im redoing my setup because most of the time i cant hear the bass over the rattles, its really bad. luckily my subs require a tiny box which im gunna steal ed's specs and custom make one

Spyder

Reaction score
Hush said:
why not cut into the middle of your rear deck and poping the sub in there and then on the bottem make a fiber glass box under the box?
I had thought about that, but I don't want to hack up that rear deck in case I mess up. That way this is just an add on and if I ever get rid of the car I can convert it back to stock easily. this is my DD so I don't want it out of commission or hacked up for any long length of time.

And wg2k7- Edead your rear deck and seal those subs to it and you should be alright. If only you could've mounted them like I said your problems would probably be minimal.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I think it would look funny with the part of the box you will have to angle for the seat to be able to recline. I also don't think you will see any substaincial gain in volume with the seats down, or that hasn't been my experience atleast. I think it's more of a pain than it's worth.

Hush

Reaction score
wg2k7 said:
DONT DO IT! rear deck is a nono, trust me. i have my subs mounted there right now and the whole deck rattles like hell. its not as stable as youd think. after xmas im redoing my setup because most of the time i cant hear the bass over the rattles, its really bad. luckily my subs require a tiny box which im gunna steal ed's specs and custom make one

Did you sound deaden it before you slapped on that sub??

Spyder

Reaction score
Well it looks like #2 is gonna be it cause I forgot that my straight cut skills suck balls. Oh well.

Back