Front end alignment

5acc0rd4

Reaction score
So, I need a front end alignment kinda badly. And every shop I've been to around here can't do it because my car is TOO low... So I was wondering if anyone has done their own front end alignment and if so, how you did it and how hard it is to do... Thanks guys =]

F23A1AT

Reaction score
I'm going to assume you don't have camber adjustable UCAs so if that's the case you can set your toe with a tape measure. Make a jig (think of a peace symbol) that is the same size as your wheel and make measurement to find 160° and 200° then measure side to side, front to front, rear to rear and adjust accordingly.

If you have a plum bob and an angle finder you can adjust camber if you have the appropriate hardware.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
One thing you will have to do is measure while the car is on the ground, figure out which way it needs to go, then lift the car and adjust. Then set the car back down roll it forward/backward to work out any kinks, then measure all over again.

5acc0rd4

Reaction score
I'm going to assume you don't have camber adjustable UCAs so if that's the case you can set your toe with a tape measure. Make a jig (think of a peace symbol) that is the same size as your wheel and make measurement to find 160° and 200° then measure side to side, front to front, rear to rear and adjust accordingly.

If you have a plum bob and an angle finder you can adjust camber if you have the appropriate hardware.

Actually I just put a Ingalls UCA camber kit on the front...and I was thinking of putting a bubble level on the center of the wheel...do you think that would be accurate enough? I'm kinda new to the whole adjustable UCA deal... But thanks for the advice about toe

F23A1AT

Reaction score
A bubble level would help you get it upright at 0° but you do need some camber. Factory specs require some camber.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
How low are you exactly ? I'm 23" around and I've managed to find a few shops here in CA to do it for me ..

Drew707

Reaction score
How low are you exactly ? I'm 23" around and I've managed to find a few shops here in CA to do it for me ..

im 22.5 in front and 23.5 in the rear. not 1 shop where i live says they can do it bkuz of the angle of the alignment rack even with wood. some shops have pits or like floor racks those ones they can do ur alignment no problem because u just drive straight on.

5acc0rd4

Reaction score
A bubble level would help you get it upright at 0° but you do need some camber. Factory specs require some camber.

How much camber? And positive or negative?

I don't remember my fender heights but the frame under the engine is 2.25" off the ground...and one of the shops I brought it to told me the car had to be 6" off the ground. And there's no way I'm raising my car haha

im 22.5 in front and 23.5 in the rear. not 1 shop where i live says they can do it bkuz of the angle of the alignment rack even with wood. some shops have pits or like floor racks those ones they can do ur alignment no problem because u just drive straight on.

Yea I have the same issue. One guy tried to put it on their rack and it laid frame haha the angle of the ramps was too high so it wasn't possible. Idk any shops around here that have floor racks. I know what you're talking about, I just don't know of a shop that has that kind of setup out here =[

Last edited:

F23A1AT

Reaction score
How much camber? And positive or negative?

I don't remember my fender heights but the frame under the engine is 2.25" off the ground...

I don't know the spec off the top of my head. Logic indicates negative for obvious reasons. Also DAmn that is wayyy low.

Back