Front Lip Questions

BoyRicer

Reaction score
Do any of the lip kits provide any increase in handling? I like the look of the Type R lips kits; but was wondering if they create any downforce to help with steering and power reaching the road. I searched briefly but nothing jumped out and bit me. Thanks in advance

The Wicked One

Reaction score
highly doubt any of them help in the least. if anything they just create more drag.

Gil'sCG6

Reaction score
type r lips are replica lips they come from civics and no they do not increase downforce or make your car handle any better its simply cosmetic. Now other lips that are a whole kit (side skirts, rear lip, etc) might increase handling slightly or hurt it depending on which kit youre talking about and on many other variables like suspension but even if it does increase it its minimal to the point that you will never notice the difference anyway so just think of lip kits in general as cosmetic modifications.

Last edited:

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
somewhat functional one would be the xenon kit, but all others are purely asthetics

BoyRicer

Reaction score
Damn you guys were quick but thanks for the info i think ill hold off on the lip kits, since they are just cosmetic and really have no posative function

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
^if you race the car then i'd say it's worth the money for the little extra downforce...but that's gonna be excess of over at least 100mph...

Back