gas light

Nismode

Reaction score
My light came on once when I was dropping off my mom at work. It surprised me, because I've never run my car that low, and I never will again. It didn't shut off on me though.

jwong512

Reaction score
Either the bulb is burnt out or the sensor is messed up. I've run my car that low only a couple of times but I prefer not to. I use the Chevron Fuel Injector cleaner though to ensure that my gas tank is clean. Not sure if that cleans the sensor and makes sure it's in good condition though. I use a bottle of the pro-gard at every oil change. I got 6 bottles for $10 at Costco with a coupon :D.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Honda must use the same bulbs for the clock and the fuel light lawlz. Tell you what though my CEL is still on after five years (for my O2 sensor) they must a really special bulb for that one..... :hahano:

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
i pretty much run my car just low enough to get the light every tank....sometimes way beyond it....i hate going to the gas station....

if you wonder when you'll run out...just get a small gas container and fill that up...then let the car run out...that way you will know how low the needle will drop and if your light comes on...write down what mileage it comes on and what mileage it cuts out....

lifelongbread

Reaction score
well if you know your average gas mileage and you know how big your tank is (17.1 if im not mistaken) you can kinda figure that by reseting the tripometer thing. my mom used to have problems with her gas guage so she would always do what i stated above and it worked out fine.... but i never have the money to fill my gas tank all the way full.....:Smoker:

Mufasa

Reaction score
Well my gauge works, just the light never turned on, I was starting to think accords didnt come with a gas light lol

I tried to test to see if it works. ive driven below E before, to wait to see if itll turn on, then i get too scared to drive any further so i just pump....

lifelongbread

Reaction score
maybe i should go to the gas pump on a very low tank. have my car running untill it dies to see if the gas light comes on...........:naughty:

00accord91

Reaction score
on my first sixth gen it worked but on my current one ive seen it turn on once and i never have gas lol

finch13

Reaction score
Mine comes and goes as it pleases. It usually fades in and out. I don't worry about it. I usually fill up at 400 miles, I'll run dry by 430-450.

I would not recommend doing what Danny (Dindale) suggested... fuel pumps hate running dry or extremely low. The fuel is what cools them and keeps them happy.

99-01 Honda Odysseys had a weird fuel gauge problem and resulted in Honda redesigning the fuel sending unit, I wonder if it crossed over to the Accords.

Long story short, you should all know your car well enough to know when it needs gas, using the gauge or the odometer. The fuel light is for dummies!

Back