Gas pedal response messed up

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I didn't realize it was that tight until I tried it. It *would* fit, but the wires push on the tunnel. I don't like to stress wires!

I also have OBX headers and a 'racing' cat.

phi1542

Reaction score
Hopefully I dont need the deflouler cuz you guys are confusing me LOL idk what yall talking about hahaha but so far so good. I've been driving around for like 300 miles and no CEL yet. I'm praying it stays that way lol

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Yeah, it is, haha. Off ebay. It bolts on, and it looks like a cat. What else did I need? :p

phi1542

Reaction score
Last edited:

phi1542

Reaction score
I'm starting to think this isn't a false cat code anymore. Back when I cleaned my EGR the first time I sprayed the egr with some cleaner and the port it connects to and scrubbed it with a brush. My dad was helping me out and when we finished he wanted to start the car and rev it WITHOUT the egr to push out all of the cleaner. I don't know much about cars so I was like whatever. When he did that it was all bad. It made a loud noise like it was straight headers or something so I was like oh crap stop turn off the engine. The morning after I was driving to school and the car did not drive properly and that's the reason I made this post. The car would just not accelerate. It would go jerk back and forth, rpms would fluctuate up and down, and the only way it would accelerate if I hit the gas hard. Soon after I brought it to a smog shop to check the CEL cuz cleaner the egr didn't work. He cleaned the egr again, got the o2 sensors replaced with denso ones. He had it on the dyno because I explained the jerking of the car and how it wouldn't drive properly. He just left it on the on cruise until the car started doing the weird stuff. It was all hooked up to computer so when it happend he saw the car would run too rich for a bit and burning up the cat. After he did whatever he did it went away and drove properly. Paid 180 for that **** CEL was never fixed..... It was only temporary. He said since it was running too rich for a while it might have burned out the cat. I don't really know what all of this means but after this detailed recap what's the issue? Recently my car has just shut down on me a few times. I would just be driving and while I'm at a light or in traffic the car just shuts off. When I try to start it up again I can hear the ignition fire but it doesn't start. You just hear the noise of it trying to start. I'll just wait a few minutes then it will start. Sometimes it will be fine for a while or just die again. Right now I just have a cat code. EGR seems to be good after clearing it up under the intake valve. Did the cat burn out and break? Do I need a new one? What else could be the issue? When I cleared the code it came back quick when before it would take weeks. I dont think it is the starter or ignition. I changed the starter while back so its new and ignition the car starts just dies on occasion. If that was the issue it wouldnt start at all right? Maybe i need to replace the spark plug cap and rotor and wires? I used a **** ton of those fuel injector cleaners and all that stuff through out the years and recently heard they can mess up spark plugs. Idk tbh HELP PLEASE THIS CAR IS CURSED WTF

I checked the cats temp and inlet reads 400° and outlet reads 500° which is normal right? Outlet 100 hotter than inlet so what's the issue here? Is it because it's not an OEM cat?

Last edited:

phi1542

Reaction score
So I just ordered doorman spark plug defoulers. I got these ones

Dorman 42009 Spark Plug Non-Fouler ...000CO91FY/ref=cm_sw_r_other_awd_d3HywbR03AYCT

It comes with 2. From a video I watched the dude drilled one with a 1/2 inch drill bit and attached it to the o2 sensor. The other one he didn't drill but he attached it to the cat then connected both parts. Can I skip the drill part and use just one or do I have to? I don't have a drill nor do I want to go get one. I got this one cuz it's small so I didn't have to worry about if it's too long and won't fit. Here's the video

https://youtu.be/GqDmmLQ4pGk

Back