Gauge Cluster

APinero

Reaction score
Hey guys so before I beginning trying to diagnose the car I was wondering if I could acquire some advice from you fellas.

So here it goes. Recently I changed my clock light, I have a 2000 Accord EX Coupe, I'm sure I'm not the only one that has had that little light go bad. Anywho, after I changed it it worked for a while now here is the issue. A week or two ago my gauge cluster will not turn on. When I drive at night my seat belt light works fine, odometer light is one, turn signal lights are fine, it honestly is just the MPH cluster, the RPM and the Engine Temp/Gasoline areas that do not light up. Clock light doesn't turn on either but somehow the Emergency Blinker Lights (Whatever you call those, the red triangle) that is on. To be honest I kind of like it because the interior of the car stays dark and doesn't bother me not knowing how fast I'm going but I just don't want to get pulled over one night and get a ticket for something so mundane.

Anywho if any of you have any ideas, advice or suggestions it is highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Bax

Reaction score
Last edited:

Bax

Reaction score
Not sure, I'm just throwin out the first thing i thought of.

fallout09890

Reaction score
I second Redryder... Its probably the mini lights fuse located in the passenger side fuse box

APinero

Reaction score
Well before I try the multiplexor, which would make sense after reading about its functions that no lights should work I went with checking the fuses. I checked the possible fuses from the passenger side and all are fine and when I checked the driver side, the 5th fuse from the bottom up had a 10a fuse instead of 7.5 which was loose (Almost falling out) I will go to autoparts tomorrow and replace it and wait until night time and see if everything is fine after a week and then I will re-post if that was the error or not. On the panel it says "Day Light" so I don't know if that is the gauge cluster light or not considering you would be driving at night :coffee:

Thank you for the suggestions fellas

Bax

Reaction score
a 10a fuse just means it would take more to blow it. meaning its more possible to harm whatever the fuse is for, if something were to surge... correct me if i am wrong please.

just swap it out with whatever fuse it is supposed to be in there and test it out. you can take a fuse out of something minor like interior lights or something just to test out your gauge cluster.
for example, i can't remember what the radio fuse is, but if it is 7.5, then just take it out and put it in the fuse place you were talking about, and see if anything is different. your radio won't work of course until you put the fuse back in. lol

Back