gears and final drive out of a M2F4 stuffed into a P2A8 case?

F23A1AT

Reaction score
I was, just throw a m2s4 in the car. Unless the person looking at the outside of the transmission is a real Honda pro only you will know its in there.

maddmatt02

Reaction score
I was, just throw a m2s4 in the car. Unless the person looking at the outside of the transmission is a real Honda pro only you will know its in there.

oh, I was really only going to use the P2A8 because I knew everything inside was good, and was just going to swap gearsets into it. having it appear stock was just something I thought would be kinda cool.

I didnt go get it today, still have tomorrow available. and he says it didnt grind into any gears, just the pop out and the reverse problem.

I was thinking that since they are both 3.00:1 reverse gears (seems like they ALL are) that I should be able to swap the reverse gears maybe (only if for some reason I had to use the M2xx case).

so my case with my 3,4,5 gears, preludes 1,2 and final drive. I havent calculated how weird the 2-3 shift(RPM drop) would be with this setup, but it should get me away from any of the problems of the donor trans. but I guess if it goes into the car and drives like ****, I will be pretty efficient at taking it all back apart and re-assembling the P2A8 to OE specs and throw it back in...

and I dont really have to use the F4, S4 would be fine. but I searched phoenix, vegas, flagstaff, locally as well and this is the ONLY thing that comes up when I search any combinations of prelude, H22, H23, tranny, trans, transmission, etc...

I found one a long time ago for 500 bucks but I think I remember that it grinded to 3rd, so even for that much money it still needed parts/work

Back